Was lan houses popular in your country?

Was lan houses popular in your country?
Did you use to play vidya gaems there?

Attached: images (16).jpg (640x480, 30.7K)

it was popular very long time ago

What was it like

Yes. I played bw and custom wc3 games with my homies back in the day.

like this i guess+later, high-speed Internet appeared there and the charm of the such places disappeared

I was the guy with AoE, UT, CS, FIFA and a shitload of emulators and ROMs on a USB stick that got passed around our school year.
Some LAN games worked and some didn't, probably blocked ports.

any girls in Russia used to go as well?here it was more a boyish thing

loud, stinky, with shit variety of games. free if you 8th grade gopnik, dangerous if you 6th grade beta. for some reason no one even tried to play at least battlefield, battlefront or aoe, it was always either cs or warcraft (d*ta).

>t. 6th grade beta

sometimes there were girls. but it's like finding a large bill in the middle of a road.
yes?

Yes i did LAN parties with my school friends. We played CSS, or DODS, or even BF1942. Very good times.
One time i got completly drunk at my friends house and puked the whole bathroom and then i sleep at the toilet. His dad was knocking at the door next morning... PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR I NEED TO PEE SO BAD... shit was funny af...

Not LAN but we used to play WoW. Like 8 of us in a room for 3 days straight during WotLK era.

It was a ton of fun

wasnt it pricy as fuck tho?

Anyone here ever played Quake or was that game too old for you guys? Just asking

Attached: 1580060032657.jpg (240x240, 5.85K)

It was like a €10 monthly subscription back in 2009. So not really.

They were and they were awesome, so many afternoons playing CS, operation flashpoint etc.

It was a quite nice albeit kinda brief period. Ah that sweet nostalgia.

I used to go to internet cafes every weekend with my friends, smoke lots of weed and play Call of Duty 4. I guess it was fun, I more or less have zero memory of those times. Due to too much weed

u mean Quake III?

i always had a computer, so i never had the experience playing cs in a lan house with friends.

Attached: 1645878902357376332.jpg (1014x819, 64.43K)

No. My parents thought video games were too violent. The only game I ever played was Pump it Up (DDR kind of) and Pac-Man

didn't you have LAN with your neighbors?

I miss hotseat HoMM

You bring your own computer to Lan parties.

Pcs were and still are super expensive in Brazil. Its mainly a Sega and PlayStation land.

So he probably really didn't have nobody to play with.

>warcraft (d*ta)
nigga how old are you

I know they were shit for being gigantic but I kinda miss crts.