Jesus christ why did they include this in a children's film? The entire theatre was bawling its eyes out...

Jesus christ why did they include this in a children's film? The entire theatre was bawling its eyes out, including myself

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: d6a8fed832e9125e31559c5d23ed0ac4--childhood-memories-gag.jpg (460x317, 29.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezcfgy7y_CQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stfu you big blubbery vagina

can confirm; been too scared to watch it since.

maximum soi

Nostalgia Critic was right about this movie.

I realize something now, I am probably the age now my father was when he took me to the cinema to see this and he hated the experience of having to watch anime, now I'm in my mid 30s and realize that I can never get the same out of anything else that anime gave me in the past, even though I barely watch it anymore.

Pokemon is a cartoon not anime

ackshually its asian cartoon which means anime

>watched this as a young kid
>do not remember my reaction

Maybe vaguely sad? Also I remember the Entei movie being rather unpleasant. I was obsessed with the 2000 one for some reason to the point my dad bought it on dvd for me.

Same. It's on par with sitting down to play with action figures. That so many young men are watching it into adulthood is pretty disheartening.

My mum took me to see it and maintains it's the worst film she was ever made to sit through

One of the characteristics of good art is that it gets a strong reaction from the audience. And here you are talking about it, because you care(d) about the characters and it made an impression. I never liked pokemon but isn't he (Ash) turned into stone here? I seem to remember seeing that once. Isn't he healed in the end?

Not being able to show feelings is a tell tell sign of autism

its when squirtle goes rogue and disembowels him for 10 minutes

>wtf why does this childrens film have actual stakes and bad things happening to the characters?
I don't even like pokemon but this mindset of yours is why millennials are almost all huge pussies

having all the pokemans literally crying on screen is dishonest film making and baiting a reaction out of literal children

*MY BROTHER MY BROTHER*

why are children not allowed to experience grief and shit? i swear millenial secular manchildren are pussyfying society so much. you don’t have to hide the real world away from kids and it’s healthier if you accept the world for what it is instead of trying to pad the cell. a kid experiencing grief over ash or fear or horror in milder cartoon form can prepare them for experiencing those things in the real world. if you hide it they’ll just get mindbroken like you were the second they experience a negative emotion and sperg out the rest of their lives about how much life sucks

It's been about more than two decades nigger. I watched 2000 several times and can barely remember what it was like. I only watched the others like once and didn't like them.

The dub ruins it with the dogshit 90s pop music.

Attached: 1632116005904.jpg (236x421, 33.11K)

>I can never get the same out of anything else that anime gave me in the past, even though I barely watch it anymore.
I know that feel and it hurts. I should've consumed even more anime and manga when I was younger so I could have more fond memories of it.

I still like it and regularly read/watch, but nothing compares to memories of shit from the '90s and 2000s.

>muh dub
god you anime people are so cringe

The only place the pop music works better than the japanese version is the pikachu's vacation part.

It can mean many things aside from autism

I bet you like jelly donuts faggot.

The desperation really sold it.

t. woman or faggot

I'm on the spectrum and I bawled like a fucking baby.
I cried to fucking Ironclad, the movie from 2011.

youtube.com/watch?v=ezcfgy7y_CQ
>IT'S A WHOLE NEW PLACE
>WITH A BRAND NEW ATTITUDE
>BUT YA STILL GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL
>AND BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE

Attached: 1641790305912.png (1054x526, 38.47K)