Top Gun ending

>Top Gun ending
>Maverick lets Goose go and grows as a person

>Top Gun: Maverick ending
>Maverick lets Goose go and grows as a person

Attached: MV5BMmIwZDMyYWUtNTU0ZS00ODJhLTg2ZmEtMTk5ZmYzODcxODYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1482, 130.09K)

Maverick kind of forgot about letting go of Goose.
>Goose's son despises Mav
What the fuck was Meg Ryan putting in that kid's ear? I thought she forgave Mav for his fuck-up.
Also, isn't Rooster supposed to be in his fucking 40s?

its been a while since people watched the first one

She asked Maverick to keep him out of the navy. He never told Rooster it was his mother's wish, to protect him from having to hate his only living parent.
The age thing was a mistake but who cares.

The whole "you got in the way of my career" plot was so dumb.

There was more than enough conflict with Goose's death for them to use as the point of friction between the two.

>Rooster makes it into the Navy
>he gets access to the incident report about his dad's death
>discovers how close Maverick was to Ice when Ice pulled away
>he hates Mav because he feels like he is 100% responsible

read this as "he forgot about letting goo of goose"
ahahaha

Goose's death is unironically Iceman's fault and I'm tired of pretending it isn't.

>Top Gun 3: Maverick and Hangman tell the rest of those dorks to eat shit while they carpet bomb Venezuela.

>I thought she forgave Mav for his fuck-up.
That's the whole point, faggot. Rooster isn't angry with Mav because Goose died. He's angry because Mav blocked his career

Joke's on you, I never saw the fucking film, dickhead.

>>he hates Mav because he feels like he is 100% responsible
that would have been cringier
before watching the movie my brother tried to predict some stuff by mentioning a bunch of cliches, rooster blaming maverick for his father's death that was the only one he mentioned and got wrong

Mav was welded to Iceman's tail. It didn't matter what Ice did, Mav was going to fly through his jetwash no matter which direction he broke in. Yes, Ice took way too long on the shot, but Mav was the one who decided to fly that close to him. Mav is at fault, 100%.

The thing is that he couldn't fully let go of Goose because his son grew up to be way too similar, despite his efforts to make him stay away from flying jets

Iceman pulled out too fast.

>that would have been cringier
How? It's not unbelievable that someone's feelings towards someone else would change once they learn more details about an incident where someone they cared about died.

Doesn't matter. Mav shouldn't have been that close.

If you're driving close behind someone and they stop suddenly and you rear-end them, YOU are the one who's at fault for not being at a safe distance.

>Also, isn't Rooster supposed to be in his fucking 40s?

He was a little kid in 1986 so he should be in his 30s, but Maverick withholding his papers held up his naval career anyway.

You're right. The wingman's job is not to take the shot it's to protect the lead guy, Mav was way too close because he is so aggressive.

Lmao. Based faggot

Most likely 40. Miles teller is 35 close enough
She's dead before he pulled his application

Wikipedia says it’s 36 years after 1986 so he should be at least 40, which is insane, he acts like, looks like, and is treated like he’s in his early 20’s.