Does your country have a hierarchy of attitude of superiority? Note...

Does your country have a hierarchy of attitude of superiority? Note, this hierarchy is not the actual “best to worst” but the perceived “best to worst” as portrayed by public image, media, stereotypes, and general perception.

Here is the perceived hierarchy of superiority for America by region. The general sentiment is that people on the top are better, more educated, wealthier, more cultured, and more important than those further down.

Cities or States that are listed separately have a distinct or unique image around them that makes them separate from their geographical or historic cultural region.

>LA/NYC
>California
>New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
>West Coast (Washington, Oregon)
>Northeast (New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)
>Florida [recent boost way up]
>DC
>North Carolina
>Texas
>Great Lakes Region (Michigan, Ohio, Chicago)
>Hawaii
>Mid Atlantic States (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware)
>Southwest (Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico)
>The South (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee)
>Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri
>Great Plains States (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming)
>Alaska
>Hillbilly States (West Virginia and Kentucky)

What is it like in your country?

Attached: 0419348393.jpg (2500x1598, 810.69K)

>texas then michigan
i dont think I'm better than anyone from michigan

Why is Hawaii so mid?

true, it's impossible to be better than a Michigander

I feel like the general public perception puts Texas over Michigan. Texas is rated by flyovers and Texans, but don’t hear many people really rating Michigan on a national basis, even though the state is surely very nice from what I’ve seen. The nation superiority perception of Texas is definitely above Michigan, even if it is mostly Texans pushing their state up

>Great Lakes above Southwest
Nah, your "Great Lakes" states aren't that different from the rest of the Midwest. Granted there isn't much to the Southwest either, but at least Colorado isn't a dump. You might think Chicago is nice, but no, it's just shittier discount NYC.

Americans rate Hawaii only as a beautiful tourist destination and not a place they would ever live (“omg so expensive”)

i hoold these truths to be self evident; all in the green zones are the cool zones

Attached: 1659794655477618 (1).jpg (2500x1598, 1.69M)

I felt like the public perception differentiates Michigan, Ohio, and Chicago as separate from the rest of the Midwest.

Again this is not a “which state is better” ranking but “which state does America THINK is better” ranking

So some distinctions are made due to public perception

The Piedmont is my favorite part of America but it missed your cut ;-;

I don’t think there’s any general attitude difference between Denver, Reno, or Albuquerque

Bump

And don’t forget to post a hierarchy of public superiority perception for your country

>The general sentiment
aside for a couple of the poorest states like Mississippi or Arkansas, there's really no bad sentiments at all based on where you're from. plus nowadays there's a greater amount of income disparity even in wealthy towns due to the increase in rental options as opposed to required ownership. you generally meet all types no matter where you are, unless you're in the boonies far away from any schools or industry.

If you asked the average American which is better New England or the Deep South I think we will see a uniform answer. There are still strong connotations and stereotypes with different region of America. The higher up on the hierarchy is far more prejudiced against the lower end, than a mid state would be against a lower end, that is true. But the superiority feelings still exist nationally

acknowledging different economic classes is not the same thing as prejudice. you will not face discrimination for moving around the country unless you make a concerted effort to change a community for some reason.

> Connecticut isn’t in New England

I thought Connecticut was part of New England culturally speaking?

It’s more than economic class, think education, cities, entertainment, culture, environment, cuisine, etc

Historically yes it was but that was a long time ago, it’s just part of the NYC metropolitan area now. People In Connecticut identify more with New York because they all work there and their lifestyles are affected by the city

the environment is a lot more beautiful in less educated regions. helpful and friendly local culture is also more easily found in lightly populated, poorer regions where premium services don't exist.

>lightly populated

Exactly my point. Even if those areas are very nice, not many people live there. The majority of people view those areas as backwards, boring, and isolated

>The majority of people view those areas as backwards, boring, and isolated
boring at worst. outside of a select view obvious areas there is no sentiment of being "backwards".

Public meme
Bavaria > BW > remaining biggest cities > rest > NRW > entire East

Reality
East > West

select few*.

Why is the east viewed so poorly if it’s the best in reality? Is a it a soulless urban vs soulful comfy rural scenario?