No show will ever be as funny as season 2-3 of community

No show will ever be as funny as season 2-3 of community

Attached: o-COMMUNITY-SEASON-4-REVIEW-facebook.jpg (1536x1960, 620.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dlvZtXTEMug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3 is already a bit too wacky and self satisfied, not to mention the lower budget takes a toll. 1 and specially 2 are the best.

No Season 1? It wasn't just funny, it had some actual heart too

youtu.be/dlvZtXTEMug

Lots of shows are

name 5

One spends half the season finding its footing but yeah when it gets good it's almost on par with 2
Only issue is the relationship stuff

Judging strictly on comedy, for me it's:
Season 2 > Season 5 w/Troy > Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 6 > Season 5 w/o Troy >> Season 4

The shows peak was 2nd half of season 1 and 1st half of season 2

arrested development is the undisputed king of comedy shows
brooklyn 99 is great too

>brooklyn 99 is great too
go the fuck back right now

I prefer season 1 because it was reliant on "OH NO WACKY SITUATIONS LOL" and actually made jokes instead of just being "WACKY". I also feel season 6 was solid and way better than 3.

The relationship stuff in S1 is quite important for setting the foundation for the less prominent (but still important) relationship stuff in the other seasons. If the show started off straight away with the cartoonish hijinks and without the sincere parts of S1 I think it would be too hard to connect to the characters.

>brooklyn 99 is great too
Ah yes the show where they spend 90% of their runtime talking about racism, and how police officers are bad.

Season 6 is almost entirely the WACKY LOLSORANDUM stuff though. It feels more like proto-Rick and Morty than Community.

boohoo
>Ah yes the show where they spend 90% of their runtime talking about racism, and how police officers are bad.
>didn't watch the show
that only really started around season 5, and it wasn't even that much. didn't know shows stop being funny if they talk about serious topics once in a while

>stop being funny
it never started

I wish they leaned more into their father/son dynamic rather than Jeff hates Pierce and Pierce is a villain thing, it could have made for some way more interesting scenarios for Pierce like a "son I never had" sort of cliche which could have worked really well as a character arch.

shit taste

thats what happens when reddit gets involved in a TV show

For me it's the 2nd half of season 2 to the first half of Season 3
>anti-drug play episode
>D&D episode
>Stop motion Christmas episode
>Western / Star Wars paintball episodes
>Halloween storytelling episode
>Chaos theory episode
>Glee episode

i dont think Jeff hated pierce, but they went with Jeff essentially getting on the "hate Pierce" train because Jeff's character is essentially a social chameleon.

I agree with you 100% about the father/son dynamic, it would have given Pierce's death so much more depth

They never knew quite what to do with Pierce, seemingly because Chase was too difficult to work with so they just shoehorned him into being an asshole antagonist. The thing that got me about him is that they always portrayed him as a softie preppy kid but then they made his father this absurdly cartoonish civil war-type figure from the deep south (who's also into videogames for some reason).

You do this every fucking community thread. We name 5 and you make some dumb argument

I liked pierce being an asshole
made for some great gags

Trailer Park Boys s1-7
IASIP s1-5
Curb your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
Cheers/frasier/office UK/half of office US/workaholics

Season 6 just has a very depressing vibe overall. A lot of good characters are gone and the remaining ones all feel like they're too old to still be doing stuff at Greendale. It feels like being a kid who peaked in college and sees all their friends go on to bigger and better things whilst they're stuck in the same age/mindset.

based quads. What i did like about season 6 though was Abed actually matured abit. Like the character was held back by "lol quirky bromance between an arab and a black guy"