I read Luther's works and now I have more sympathy for Orthodox and Catholic Christians than Pr*testants

I read Luther's works and now I have more sympathy for Orthodox and Catholic Christians than Pr*testants

Attached: 1645627427165.png (1661x1036, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Protestantism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he was literally a nazi, no surprise since he wae a g*Rman

but denmark yuo are of pr*testant

Attached: 1625579833798.jpg (1069x1200, 108.77K)

Tbh Lutherism is the good version of protestantism. All other heretical sects (calvinism, mormonism, angloism, evangelicals, etc) are crazies and/or jews. And Luther would probably burn them all.

Luther's criticism of the church was 100% justified, although he himself was kind of a cunt, stabbing the rebellious peasants in the back who were inspired by him and demanded more rights, and also by agitating against the Jews after he failed to convert them
btw, it's likely he was inspired by the preachings of Jan Hus who lived 100 years before him in Bohemia, which was right next to Luther's home Saxony

Attached: Maarten-Luther-Worms-e1517341486161-2000x1000.jpg (2000x1000, 682.01K)

Hitlers Kampf und Luthers Lehr
Des deutschen Volkes gute Wehr

It was justified, but there was a reformation of the Church going on since Erasmus and other countries had cleaned up the clergy house already. It was more of a specific german problem that the german clergy was corrupt and ill-prepared as fuck and instead of adressing the problem he just broke apart.

Attached: thumb_quotes-about-women-by-religious-leaders-martin-luther-reformer-1483-1546-8762560.png (200x177, 21.75K)

yeah I just love not being able to read Jesus' preachings in my own languages and paying indulgences to decadent Italian clergy to "atone" for sins
heckin based and trad Catholicism! Fuck Nazi Luther!

>the papal bvll vs the virgin proddie
when will you learn your place?

Attached: 1632431523561.png (643x758, 288.01K)

that may be true, idk if in other countries (aside from the papal states) the church even owned territories like it did in the HRE
but I think the indulgence scam was going on in non-ecclesial lands too

Attached: Ecclesiastical_lands_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire_1789.svg.png (1011x1024, 284.21K)

This. the Catholic Church was always able to fix itself.

Jan Hus had made quite similar criticisms as Luther 100 years prior and he was burned at the stake

Attached: 951px-Spiezer_Chronik_Jan_Hus_1485.jpg (951x1024, 312.02K)

And he wasn't even close to the first
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Protestantism

>nooooo you can't point out that catholicism is corrupt, translate the bible and teach people to read, otherwise they'll find out that catholicism is 90% bullshit made up by the pedophile pope and his gay buttbuddies AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1555310017091.png (785x1000, 242.83K)

>noo the church can't own land it's we aristocracy that must own it

the absolute state

Why should the church own any land that doesn't have a church sitting on it

it was donated by dying people troughout the centuries, what's your point?

Per se it wasn't a scam. The idea that you can alleviate the punishment for your sins by doing certain things for the faith like pilgrimages, crusade, offerings, etc had been going on for centuries, and the selling of indulgences was simply a more straightforward way of helping the church. The problem was the corruption of the church in germany in that it was marketed and sold to the pleb masses as "hey, you go to heaven now!" when it wasn't like that at all, and also that it became a businness (the Fugger bank family was the one funnelling the moneys to Rome from the HRE). But in Spain f.i nothing of that shit happened.

My point is you're baying about aristocracy monopolizing the land when the church is just a different facet of the aristocracy. It's still a monopoly, the church just casts a much wider net

Read Max Weber work on protestantism aswell.
Protestants are a plague upon us all.

Retards like these ( ) is why i want Bavaria to secede from this soulless heretic shithole

Attached: C2F815B0-1057-4FF3-9410-484947F80E7C.jpg (798x644, 36.47K)

Why are Catholic countries all brown and poverty-stricken while Protestants are white and rich?

>Why are Catholic countries all brown and poverty-stricken while Protestants are white and rich

Attached: 1654896191812.png (818x648, 467.34K)

Attached: D931A9D5-C3F1-433B-8F33-680991F9F794.jpg (1125x1620, 547.47K)

I have mixed feelings about Luther. On the other hand he made an immense contribution to Western civilization during its transition from a title-based aristocracy to merit-based modern state. On the other hand he set a dangerous precedent for separating the Church as an institution from the Church as a congregation of believers which made it possible to communities to disconnect themselves from the Church while still making claims to being the "true church". Luther himself didn't seem to hold the belief that many attribute to him of the importance of personal interpretation of the Bible (though he still stressed the importance of personal Bible study) as he firmly believed he and his disciples had the correct interpretation and there was little place for modifications. He also didn't care much about personal conscience given his defense of absolute monarchy and the "cuius regio eius religio" principle. Like many revolutionaries he started a revolution that got much bigger and had more overreaching consequences - positive and negative - than he could've foreseen. I wonder if he would've recanted his theses if he had had insight into the state of many protestant churches today

Attached: 1608908535684.webm (576x1024, 1.59M)

Yes, Hamburg is the richest city in Germany and we're protestants. Problem?

I didn't say that?
I was just referring to the Spaniard claiming the churches' problems were exclusive to Germany, which might be explained by the church being territorial rulers in Germany too back then
and what about the preaching in Latin vs native language so plebs could understand it? Perhaps it wasn't such an issue in Spain bc Latin is much closer to Spanish than it is to German
t. cringy larper
I bet you don't even go to church

it's amazing how having so many more ports you're barely wealthier than a bunch of beer drinking, wurst eating farm people.