I love the original trilogy, but realistically what the FUCK was Luke thinking?

I love the original trilogy, but realistically what the FUCK was Luke thinking?
He had absolutely NO fucking plan other than "there's still good in space Hitler". None. Nada. Nein. He completely maxed out his luck stat, for fuck's sake. Vader wasn't fighting serious and his suit started failing out of nowhere (the damaged breathing can be heard even before Luke cuts his hand off), if he said "fuck casual racism, I'm going competitive" it was game over.
Then he actually brings Vader back to the light (out of nowhere again), and after that, the Emperor can't sense- THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE GALAXY CAN'T SENSE Vader's feelings or thoughts RIGHT BESIDE HIM so he gets picked up and thrown like fucking Mario with a turty shell.

That's three complete blind shots in a row. THREE.

And what the fuck, I'd like to know what people who were alive in 1983 think about all this. What was the reaction to ROTJ? Because it's a fucking masterpiece once Episode 3 becomes a part of the equation, but without that context, didn't people back then think it was shitty writing how sudden Vader's 180 turn on Palpatine was? Shit. Fuck.

Attached: file.png (1200x631, 1.02M)

He was too old to adopt a full Jedi attitude about it. Yoda and Obi-wan thought the only solution was a fight to the death. Luke was channeling the lessons of Uncle Owen. Lucky for Luke, because Vader was still chasing him around the room like a helpless child.

>Yoda and Obi-wan thought the only solution was a fight to the death
They really sent him to die, the motherfuckers.

Yes Lucas had a more callous view of the jedi and reflected this in the prequels. Fanboys still think they're space jesus though

They at least hoped he would win.

Vs Vader? Maybe.
Vs Palpatine? No chance
Vs Vader AND Palpatine? Suicide mission.

>didn't people back then think it was shitty writing
Nah, was about 6 when I saw it. it was fine.

was lei force sensitive?

Yes, but in the same way that Luke was before episode 4 happened. Without training, it's just oddly good intuition sometimes.

Some nice intuition she got there

Attached: c9c.jpg (640x545, 36.56K)

Just because she felt he was her brother, doesn't mean it wasn't her fetish.

Obi Wan is more like space Hitler desu. I'm sure the Empire made Palpastein's book about how the Jedi secretly force lightninged 80 gorillion sith during the clone wars mandatory reading. The space children were raised to never question its authenticity or plausibility, so when Luke (fashwave next 20 years) comes into play, the galaxy will turn a blind eye to sith control over Holowood and their war crimes against the Gungans on Naboo, and play directly into the hands of Darth Vader (born Yanakin Goldwalker)

>*throws away his only weapon in front of the one guy that can send you to the fucking afterlife in 4.7 seconds with force lightning*
Your move

Attached: b8e5e751ace398935386088e4515d4622c69ad98_hq.gif (500x214, 1.71M)

The Death Star 2 would have been blown up anyway, so his minute crusade didn't mean anything

He had no idea the dude could shoot fucking lightning bolts from his fingers.
Maybe Yoda should have mentioned it.

If he hadn't been there Palps wouldn't have let the rebels infiltrate the system, land on Endor etc in the first place. But yeah, Luke could have been killed by Vader or the Emperor and the Death Star would still blow up by that point

sadly he had an escape plan for that eventuality anyways

Attached: 1643713790027.gif (400x225, 3.98M)

this entire post boils down to:
>i do not understand love, forgiveness and faith, the three of which are intertwined

reminder that giant city size chunks of that atomized deathstar made its way down to the planet.

>There will never be a light-hearted spin-off about technologically advanced Ewoks that colonized a fallen chunk of Death Star.

Doesn't Palpy's throne room appear in The Rape of Skywalker? They go back to Endor? Never watched that shit.