Did you have religion classes in school (in your country)?

Did you have religion classes in school (in your country)?
If yes, what were they like?

Attached: PS10042019_ps10-1080x675.jpg (1080x675, 121.03K)

no
we had a tanah class but its not a religion class

I wasn't allowed to attend them.

>tanah class
What's that? Google search yields only indonesian stuff

no. We did have a Hindu prayer at 8am in the sun which I hated because they let the muslims sit in the classroom

Mostly watching films, under Christmas period tho we used to bring pandoro and drink vin brule while playing videogames on the school computer. I miss those moments

i think he means tanakh
tanah means clay here lol

yeah we had scripture

I think none in elementary school
In middle school i had a nun teaching stuff (idk what never paid attention)
In highschool i had a teacher but we learned a couple of things about religion and state but most of the time we were just chatting with our teacher and say blaspheme things to piss him off. Best teacher ever, he was a great man even though some people mistaken him for a cuck. He was more like a grandpa telling stuff from his times like how he met his wife, what it was conscription and stuff like that.

Only christian schools had those

Ye, boring. read and write summaries. Some time we discuss about absolute things like life, afterlife, etc., thats was better because everyone had an opinion about.
One thing to notice is that every religion teacher talks you in such quiet and tranquility voice.

>even though some people mistaken him for a cuck
For some people i mean students, we didn't show him any respect at the beginning because he was teaching religion. He changed our mind later

Yes, the class is split up depending to what religion and denomination (christian) you belong.
Catholics stay in class with the cath teacher, and if the school has other religious teachers they go with their teacher elsewhere.
At least in my school.
If there were no other teachers, then they have the choice of going outside into the hallway or watch the class, maybe even partake.

A few years ago the government of Kurz also added that if you dont belong to any religion, you dont get a free hour, instead you have to take ethics classes

not really but we were taught mahabharat and ramayana in 7th and 8th grade

yes, even in public schools
we Muslims would learn "Pendidikan Islam" lit. Islamic Education, while non-Muslims would learn "Pendidikan Moral" lit. Moral Education

it's fine for what it is, some schools even teach Arabic but luckily mine didnt

Attached: 1.png (1396x1800, 2.72M)

I went to a catholic College, we had to stand for prayer in the morning along with the national anthem. They did have religious service once a week but it was mandatory for catholics only, everyone else got 2 hours off during which students were expected to visit the nearby temple or mosque but my friends and i never did. On that note does you cunt have morning assembly with national anthem? It's pretty much the norm here

its a book
a religious text but also the history of our people since the fathers of the nation. traditionally they come in scroll form and any beit knesset has usually old scrolls but these days most people use books

Attached: 1641021275766.jpg (2480x2973, 1.28M)

>mfw the Catholist priest in my school was gay and molested a male student
He's still the priest there till this day

Attached: 1608230904014.jpg (368x451, 38.77K)

>Yes, the class is split up depending to what religion and denomination (christian) you belong.
>Catholics stay in class with the cath teacher, and if the school has other religious teachers they go with their teacher elsewhere.
Oh yes here is like that but religion class isn't mandatory so everyone could participate if they wanted at the beginning of the academic year. The others were supposed to go in the Library but they were roaming in the hall or return in class to chat with us

Yes, I was exempted though

>everyone could participate if they wanted at the beginning of the academic year.

yes same, although as said in my last line., if you dont do religious edcation you now have ethics classes

>Did you have religion classes in school
No. There was a bible class you could go to once a week during lunch hosted by some religious nut that came in but only a handful of people did it.

Yes, absolute garbage

Not baptized?

yes it's basically teacher telling stuff and literally nobody listens and there's absolute chaos in the classroom