Why didn't MoviePass take off?

why didn't MoviePass take off?

Attached: 1645047313647.png (1300x934, 499.86K)

It did take off that was the problem

what do you mean ?

didn't the lockdowns fuck it up?

isn't it coming back

because people who go to the movies are complete cucks that will pay $20 to see a movie + $15 for popcorn and soda
meanwhile people who don't go to the movies just won't go even if they have a cheaper way of doing that

So when you introduce a system that is meant to attract more people while giving you less money per capita but the only people that use it are the people that are already going to the movies regardless you just lost money

Not him but the people who bought it were the people who already went to the theater all the time. It just wasn't a good business model.

going to the movies is a chore. i'd rather kick back at home and watch movies.

>i'd rather kick back at home and watch movies
and after the lockdowns even more people realized this

not everyone feels the same way you do

i had no idea

clearly most people or at least a significant part of population does considering how even before the pandemic movie theaters were struggling

Until based Cruise saved cinèma

I fucking loved how retarted this was, I went to several movies a week for a few months. Felt good to finally take advantage of a business instead of the other way around

Attached: jump_around (1).jpg (1200x627, 898.13K)

don't people realize you can pay to see one movie and then sneak into another one afterwards? why pay for some subscription to do basically that?

The Cinema is not your friend. Going to the cinema and having a pleasant experience was a myth shilled to you to get you to consooom merch and snacks for big mark-ups

>a bunch of applauding faggots
>noisy fatanons crunching down on snacks
>faggots fidgeting
>faggots gasping if something bad happens
>people getting up and going for a piss
>imagine the smell of 50 + fatanons in a room
>autists trying to talk to you about the movie on the way out
>zoomers on phones
>niggers causing trouble and the potential to be robbed
>$15 for a drink

The business model was unbelievably retarded and I abused the hell out if it.

>leaving the house
>be surrounded by non-whites
>netflix

Attached: 1655465487654.jpg (800x800, 19.6K)

>retarted

Most of that never happens

sorry im restarted

It had an utterly unviable business model. But it did take hundreds of millions of dollars from the dumbest investors in America, and gave it to movie goers, so I'll give them credit there. It also led to the creation of the AMC subscription service which has made weekly movie going much cheaper for me.

It was fun while it lasted. Also they were getting pretty desperate at the end
>cancel my membership
>make sure my card can’t be charged by them just in case
>get an email from them that they can’t charge my card

Because it didn’t have a solidified business model when it launched. The purpose behind it was to gather data based on the movies you saw and then sell that data to improve advertisement in analytics to movie studios and Advertisers.

However it didn’t have that set up when it launched. I thought that it was better to get a huge bass then use that as leverage when going through deals with studios and advertisers.

However, they didn’t have a capital to sustained themselves long enough so they ended up hemorrhaging money. This made them look unattractive to potential investors. So they died out without ever truly implementing the profit making part of the business.

So basically they put the cart before the horse and got trampled

Post your kino watching rig.