Why do they get along so well? Usually neighboring countries hate each other...

Why do they get along so well? Usually neighboring countries hate each other. But I never any animosity between Spain and Portugal.

Attached: maxresdefault (35).jpg (1280x720, 93.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portus_Cale
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's literally nothing there it's just a desert, same reason north african countries don't care about the sahara desert

They do have banter animosity the same as U.S x Canada, BR x AR etc. Also they already killed each other for years.

most portuguese posters in this board have a weird animosity towards us, must be an insecurity thing

They hate us and we ignore them.

hairy women and towels

we are both black (moors) and therefore brothers

we are the only pair of neighbouring muslim nations that get along
Insha'Allah brothers

Did they have ears during the colonial era? It seems like they just left each other alone.

*Wars

We can't conquered them and they tried multiple times and fail. Current day relationship between the two are the result of Salazar-Franco struggle to stay together and neutral. They don't think much of us (some may think we are "Spanish", whatever the Castilian thinks that means) and we like them somewhat but we don't love their terrorist state. They are nice and outgoing but insanely loud.

Attached: 1659644150346.jpg (1280x844, 178.22K)

Our most important historical ally is France. Nobody cares about Portugal, we only know that their women have mustaches.

>some may think we are "Spanish"
No.

>some may think we are "Spanish"
everyone in the world thinks this except us
the very first thing people think when they notice Portugal on a map is "why isn't this Spain?"
drop the victim act, you look like a little bitch

Only ignorant tourists think we're spics tho

>Only ignorant tourists think we're spics tho
lol
lmao even

nigga I don't care what some retard on Any Forums posts this is just what I've noticed

I'm curious about how come Moors ruled al-Andalus for almost 800 years yet Portugal retained an Arabic name (Burtuqal= orange) while Spain (EspaƱa) comes from the Romans?

Orange was named after Portugal not the other way around retard

>pic related is our relationship

Attached: i-don't-think-about-you-at-all.png (1438x810, 1.05M)

Spain is a Phoenician toponym

What?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portus_Cale

Every Porty is my brother - every house in POR/USA should fly a flag with this on it.

Attached: Mexicans[1].png (1200x760, 681.8K)

I don't have anything against them. Some Portuguese posters are very butthurt towards us for reasons I still don't know.

kek based

Too lazy to fight

I was told Portugal came form Port of the Gauls.

Because there's very little interaction outside the northern part of Portugal
This is what the PT/ES border looks like most of the time

Attached: 1657635408232.png (1000x1000, 1.28M)

It came from Portus Cale (roman city), modern day Vila Nova de Gaia

Spain's biodiversity absolutely mogs your galician province lol...

Attached: Embalse del Tranco, Sierra de Cazorla.jpg (1920x1440, 631.72K)

That's how the entire thing looks like on the other side on the eastern border, unironically

you're so fucking tsundere
stop teasing and just kiss already

Attached: Spain loves Portugal.png (1339x291, 68.48K)

>Biodiversity
Is that how you describe your sand dunes?
lmao

I always wait to see them fight on Any Forums
it's so rare that it's very entertaining just because of that

go ERP somewhere else

Tomorrow morning I will take my bike and go piss in the Tagus just so the poortuniggers drink my piss

portubros...

Attached: portuchuds....jpg (1674x605, 371.4K)

Estavo novo was pretty cool, wish it survived and they still had their small colonial holdings of cambinda province, maccau and East tinor, goa too.