Go to find image for a post

>go to find image for a post
>.webp
>.webp
>.webp
>.webp

How are we going to fix this problem? It seems to have come up in just the last couple months.

Attached: webp.png (402x178, 3.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_compression
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop using google retard

If I am forced to, I just do a screencap of the google search result

there's an extension for firefox that converts webp automatically

I only use ddg

Any Forums just needs to start accepting them

Just take a screenshot, retard. It's even faster since you can just ctrl+v it directly into your post

Yeah, I was complaining about this last year in fact. Already submitted a few feedback tickets.

I don't know why the admins just don't get off their lazy asses and enable webp support. It's clearly become a standard. Not having webp support in 2022, is like not having png support in 2012.

Ignore all of the apologists suggesting a bunch of plugins, extensions and workaround. They're willing to cope with bad conditions, rather than seem conditions improve.

>find ff addon that lets me save .webp's as .jpg or .png
>search google for a .webp to test it
>can't find one

Ddg is pozzed bro abandon ship

fuck .webp
all my homies hate .webp

The fact we don't have mp4 support is even worse.

Why is it every few year some “new standard” starts being forced that will have no new functionality or capability, and often be objectively inferior in some aspect?

>ten years
>still no webm sound on the television and film board

Attached: 6fsZQR4.png (921x900, 879.82K)

>we have 10 competing standards
>I know let’s make a new one that’s better than the others so everyone adopts it
>we now have 11 competing standards

Literally every blog and wiki style page uses webp. Just search for a specific character. A wiki result will be at the top.

Moot opted for webm instead of mp4. Odd choice, but it's something. This fact makes lack of webp support even more odd, because webp is to images what webm is to videos.

Attached: webp frustrations.png (1551x718, 717.69K)

webp has better compression than png, while still allowing for transparency. Webp support would actually alleviate data usage on Any Forums. You could upload the same images at a smaller cost. Or alternatively, you could upload larger images at the same 4mb limit.

Every other website adopts a new file format except Any Forums, and this isn't Any Forums's fault? It's not even new, it's been around as long as webm and is the companion format to webm but for still images.

They don't want to get flooded with dmca takedowns. The Bethesda leaks were already a nightmare.

Even worse user, wikis have now started replacing animated gif content with animated webp instead, atleast with a still webp image you can just screenshot it or convert it to jpg with already ubiquitous software, but animated webp is annoying since less stuff can resave it correctly with the animation intact outside of a few websites like ezgif that have a feature specifically for it.
Ordinarily this is true (and was for a lot of competing video formats in the early 2000s), but webp literally is just better than jpg and gif in every way. Smaller file sizes than jpg, with alpha channel support, higher quality, whilst still having gif's animation support, but again with smaller file sizes.

Guys, new idea for video format. We describe videos to each other over text. Not only is it instant and small in file size, but it would also contribute to the overall objective of discussing tv and movies. As for the webp. discussion yeah shit is annoying

Most other Chan's accept so many more formats and higher file sizes Any Forums is weirdly restricted it's fucking annoying.

The person responsible for running the site might as well not exist. Guy's been MIA for ages now

Attached: 1651264123522.jpg (553x553, 45.57K)

can iToddlers view webpenis?

Attached: 1653255230492.jpg (1626x1797, 498.39K)

Attached: disable firefox webp.jpg (536x217, 22.59K)

I know nothing about computers. whats the point of different formats and stuff when its all virtual and not real anyways? Like why cant every picture just be one perfect format that does everything and the same with videos. It makes no sense to me why theres so many formats when humans control everything about computers so its not like its so thing in nature that cant be controlled.

Attached: monkahmm-emote.png (300x300, 23.71K)

I know, I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT. Especially when creating a topic and having to go through5 images before one saves normally, until I just give up and screencap the damn thing

He's not in charge of development, he's just a figure head. There are separate tags for developers when posting (just like mod and admin) so there are separate roles. Who do you think makes the April fool's events?

>Ordinarily this is true (and was for a lot of competing video formats in the early 2000s), but webp literally is just better than jpg and gif in every way. Smaller file sizes than jpg, with alpha channel support, higher quality, whilst still having gif's animation support, but again with smaller file sizes.

This means nothing to the average user. All they'll see is an annoying new format that is incompatible with all their programs and they'll resent it since it's being forced on them.

>Like why cant every picture just be one perfect format that does everything and the same with videos.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_compression

Companies being gay and wanting their own property format. Be surprised that computers made by different companies can even open each other's videos/formats

see it's all about trade-offs, some are more faithful to the original image information while others have much smaller file sizes, etc.

I've been noticing that a lot lately too for some reason

WE

who invented this shit format?