How were they able to make every single character so annoying and unlikeable?

How were they able to make every single character so annoying and unlikeable?

Attached: ozark.jpg (450x630, 62.12K)

Literally every character could die and I wouldn't give a damn.

MARTY

It's an amazing series.
I'm watching it right now and Wendy is the only character you sympathize with.
The hubby is a scared beta.
Above I i wish the lil 14 traitor faggots son would die a brutal death , but knowing American writers that would never happen.
On S4 an that lil faggots has already betrayed his family multiple times and still walks around with his ugly sperg face breathing and his cuck dad not even scolding him.
I'm livid.

>It's an amazing series.
Until it isn't

The ending was so shit it totally killed off any feelings I had for the show. So unsatisfying they could’ve easily fixed it if any of the byrds died.

Ruth should have slaughtered the entire family, the corporate bitch, fucking everyone and disappeared with all the money. I would have been cheering on my sofa.

Ruth is one of the worst characters ever.

Which is pretty much right away. I watched 4 episodes or so, and they were shit.

I remember the dad getting his toenails ripped off in the first season finale and in the next scene he's walking normally.
Fuck Netflix

It just gets worse every season. They had a cool idea but then didn't know what the fuck to do with it and it ends up being really fucking boring.

I couldn’t tell you, I had no interest in watching this show. Life is miserable enough, no reason to waste so much time watching a poorly-lit miserable show with drab music.
This show was basically written for retired people.

The show only 'works' if you sympathise with Wendy but you can only do this if you are a radical feminist.
I remember watching the first season and thinking that the producers must hate women because they are all caricature cunts within the show but then I saw glowing reviews and awards for the writing of "strong, realistic female characters".
I think this praise got to the writers' heads as each season got more and more self-aggrandizing and pompous. The show is really stupid and they have to come up with really contrived reasons to showcase Wendy and Ruth.

The cartel as antagonists were so awful, Marty had no motivation or character growth beyond the second season, he went from main character to plot device. The kids become marvel superheroes for no reason with no payoff.

The show had a chance to redeem itself with the Ben arc but they tripled down on feminism instead

I hated how every character had absolutely no tact like everyone wants to walk up to random strangers and ask them retarded questions even though in RL it'd at best be embarrassing and at worst it'd get you fucking killed. And that's everybody from all the FBI agents to the bloody cartel priest. Everyone thought they were playing 4D chess or something but they were absolutely autistic instead. The series also basically ended on a cliffhanger so basically they planned for one more season but Netflix must've axed it in their usual stupidity.

>JONAH

Attached: AAB7EC78-C994-466D-B27E-560E732C13BC.jpg (1600x899, 493.5K)

They gave way too much screentime to some of the most irrelevant, boring characters. The FBI agent getting bonked on the head made me audibly laugh.

First couple seasons were ok but you could tell by the 3rd they were writing themselves into a corner and were rushing to wrap things up.

>Nooooo we do various illegal shit all the time but not any voter fraud that let's the Republicans in power that'd be evil
Fucking Wendy Byrd that miserable cunt

>Yea sure…I don’t know. We’ll.. we’ll set up another offshore account and pay ourself a loan with this asset as collateral
>Just make sure you hold up your end

Attached: 32D05D1C-A14B-4273-AFB1-73C912E0EA22.jpg (1000x562, 64.43K)

To be fair any of the characters that got killed or lost they were acting like such retards anyways I felt no sympathy for them so I guess no ending is just as good as any ending at that point. The series just wanted to remind you how evil Wendy and Marty were

Jonah and Ruth were the only good characters.

>Mom and dad?
>Yea mom and dad mom and dad
>But mom?
>Dad too.
>I’m going back to the motel

Attached: E44B4E10-2105-4ECC-84F8-49D8B1014C83.jpg (4000x2004, 712.9K)

Ignoring all the retardation I actually like Marty. His quirky witty way of thinking and quick comebacks are just funny to me. I know this sounds fucking plebbit but I just think he could have done well in a series with actual good writing, the character Marty that is.

Wendy got away with so much it's crazy but then you realize the writers are probably crazy feminist liberal women who obviously project in Wendy so it makes sense. Marty seemed to be the main protagonist but it's really Wendy who is.

My mom forced me to watch the an episode of this and my only feeling, other than despair at the state of television, was the thought that every single character should be shot and forgotten. show would be much better if in the first 15 minutes the ATF or somebody rolled up and machine gunned the cast before it started

Should have let her die in episode 1

MARTYYYYYYY!!! ASK RUTH FOR A HANDJOB, MARTYYYYY!!!

Attached: 5y8nni.jpg (565x406, 36K)

Just caught up with the final episodes JFC what a stupid ending to a series

jason bateman wanted an ending where they won. but you can't make that in america.

It's probably one of the better original series on Netflix but that's not saying much

>I’m not going to beat your dick off mawty, so quit yer asking

Attached: A2A141E4-4253-4555-9EFF-8192284B96EA.jpg (1000x667, 76.87K)

>Wendy got away with so much it's crazy but then you realize the writers are probably crazy feminist liberal women who obviously project in Wendy so it makes sense
This was confirmed by the final season.

They "revealed" that her dad really was a MEAN GUY, bibble bashing wifebeater type and this absolved her of any wrongdoing.

woman logic that because her dad was an asshole, this excuses any wrongdoing by her later in life. It's hard to believe that there was not some projection here by the writers

>s01 was pretty good
>s02 was fine but the daughter and side character plots dragged it down
>s03 is kino
>s04 was fine but somehow felt rushed even though it was a split season

Attached: 1627054721694.png (1620x1080, 1.58M)

what makes you think anything wendy did was "excused?"

Ruth fucked up a lot of shit on her own that it's hard to like her this season. She should've never let her cousin be with Darlene Snell in the first place. Also she can blame Wendy all she wants but every time Marty gave her good advice she'd do dumb shit anyways. Sure her uncles and dad kept her down but once they were dead it was all her own mistakes. Also she shouldn't have fucked Ben or interfered with him either since he was obviously too mentally ill.

I started watching because S3 had just aired and people were gushing about it. I honestly thought that the show got worse each season, S3 was way overrated imho
I don't, but all of the main cast forgive Wendy because they learn that her dad was mean. Ruth, Jonah, the daughter whose name I don't even remember, Marty.