How do movies keep making profits if we all pirate them?

How do movies keep making profits if we all pirate them?

Attached: teeth.jpg (400x400, 30.53K)

No box office means they can make up whatever they want

China

By pandering to the people who do pay for their media like women and non 3rd worldies

Piracy is less than 10%
Most people are too dumb/lazy to pirate.

they sell that shit to T.V broadcasters, streaming services, dvd/Blu-ray or whatever and/or whoever wants to buy it and pays more, yesterday Tenet was on a random channel on T.V and the movie is 2 years old

NPCs/zoomers don’t know how to pirate so they pay for them

if we are just paying for actors to get richer, what's the point of paying?

By making movies you don't like

Try talking to one normalfag about piracy and you'll see.

Ticket prices keep going up.

Most of my normie friends pirate everything, are you telling me it's not common?

depends on which country you live in

3 reasons
they are subsidized by the government and evade taxes
advertisers pay them to use their product in promotional material
normalfags don't pirate

not everyones a dirt poor russian like you

well i guess i can't say any more accurately, but within my peer groups and co-workers they're all remarkably snotty about their distaste for piracy

piracy doesn't hurt the profit because it's done by people who wouldn't pay anyway. If anything it helps the movies by increasing the buzz about them.

free money to keep depressed worker slaves entertained and focused on the lives of celebrity instead of tearing down old white men institutions.

Southern Europe, that's probably it
Very interesting, in my friend group we have a catchphrase that can be translated with "I'll be dead before Hollywood gets a cent from me" and then we sing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme

The overwhelming majority of people have no clue how to pirate and zoom zooms only understand streaming

This is the answer.
I go through a thought process like:
>hmm I want to watch [film]
>nevermind it's fucking expensive, I don't want to pay for that streaming service or rent it, I'll just jerk off instead
>oh wait I can pirate it
If I "pay" for a movie it's because I already had a netflix subscription and it's available. I only pirate if I don't have access to it and I wouldn't pay for it anyway.

>categorical imperative

Attached: DF7C6FB1-ECB3-4C98-A0C2-49EF464265CF.jpg (828x461, 232.22K)

How do movies make money on streaming services

not all of us pirate shit

i haven't pirated media in 10 years

hollywood accounting is magic

Imagine how easy it would be to make a faux streaming service that pirates all films. Sites like rarbg already have bots running that pull movies automatically from the scene and serve them through public trackers. And there's webtorrent. Someone just needs to hack together a few lines of code and there's pirate netflix.

There used to be popcorn time a few years ago. No idea if it's still around

well, they sell the distribution rights to netflix or hulu

We don't pay the actors. The investors do. Our money goes to the investors.