The Flopman

Now that the dust has settled,
What went wrong?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 822.21K)

The movie went to shit as soon as he cut his hair. It would have been a lot better if they kept it as some kind of Viking Barry Lyndon where he continues to travel through Europe with his viking bros going on adventures

Attached: file.png (1100x700, 735.2K)

1. Not enough action scenes
2. Anya added nothing to the film
3. Iceland scenes were boring
4. Left his Viking squad too early

>What went wrong?
Robert Eggers didn't have the final cut.

They forgot about normie audiences and somehow assumed they weren't retarded

da hey

pretty much this

Nothing

KEK, The Northman isn't really Shakespeare either and is by far Eggers' least intellectual movie.

>Eggman
>$90 million budget
KEK

There’s doesn’t always have to be something wrong, a movie can be great and still flop. Anyway this movie will probably make more through streaming/sales and will undoubtedly remain popular, Egger’s career isn’t over just yet.

>farts
Dropped it right then

The cinema isn't £3 on a tuesday night anymore. It's £12 a ticket or more. I go for big spectacles that exist for the big screen. These old historicals about dirty mud farmers I can watch at home.

the story sucked. everything else was fine, good even.

Attached: 1645526375313.jpg (970x600, 185.92K)

Sad but true.

Attached: 1638850639232.gif (434x396, 1.35M)

the movie is empty. wheres the fucking spectacle? oh sure the last battle is neato but the movie is pretty fucking long.

instead of a shitty tiny village give him a fucking castle and have a proper battle

Yeah what was up with the belching and farting scene
I almost dropped it there
Glad I didn’t tho it got better

Is good... but is a arthouse movie

>castles
>iceland
>whichever slav country that beginning raid took place

they dont have to go to iceland

Too expensive
Too good for certain mongrelized audiences

This movie is worth it, just for william defoe showing his massive shlong on screen.

>weak script
>badly told story
>terrible cinematography
>terrible action
>repetitive plot
>two dimensional characters
>weak drama
>terrible writing
>pointless "research" scenes like when they played dodgeball
>one of the worst directed movies I've ever seen (every actor, every action looks fake)
>terrible cgi
I honestly can't think of a single thing good about it. Midwits love it cause muh "themes" and muh stronk white man/no niggers. As if making a movie that simply presents these surface level differences from modern Hollywood immediately makes it good and well made. Midwits also vastly overplay the profundity of Egger's films. In the same way they overplay the other elements, they think the movie filters everyone simply because there are "weird" scenes that wouldn't be in a capeshit movie and it plays with a serious tone. Again in the mind of the midwit: surface level differences from modern hollywood = good well made movie that filters the world. They cannot cope with the fact that Kubrick's films were all massive box office smashes despite being some of the strangest films to come out of Hollywood at the time. The midwit will say that audiences are simply more stupider now, comparing Eggers to Kubrick in again the most surface of surface level ways, not fully understanding the effectiveness and complexity in which Kubrick spoke to a broad audience. The truth is, The Northman is just a garbage film that got terrible word of mouth and bombed hard. It's a phony piece of hackwork made by a fraud, and it's box office reflects that.

Vikangs didn't raid castles. Serving under the Byzantines or raiding Paris would have been more epic yes

Viking fatigue, this movie was made right after two episodic shows about Vikings. They should have picked a different setting. Like Germanic or English "barbarians". It could have been the exact same with a different tribal focus.

Attached: 17252.jpg (607x414, 40.38K)

"We had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little, we went insane."
- Robert Eggers