Untitled

Attached: 3257b5b1883272b22b32e32f021efc908c6ea86b269555a9339f4bbfabca60d2_1.jpg (600x569, 81.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lufsQmQ0EDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reddit

he's not wrong tho

Why are neoliberals so obsessed with reductionism

>"love"
>but it's actually conflating lust
ok

neil de grasse tyson the show

FOR SCIENCE!

reddit moment

I’m convinced that people who say things like this have never really felt love

I wanna breed my gf for science :)

but he's not wrong

>knowing how the body works makes love stupid and pointless.
thats not how it works but you can be a sad nihilistic muh science man all you want.

It's a logical fallacy

People just lift the quote out of context and act like they're super smart for believing it at face value. If you add the context back you can tell he's saying it as a cope and has very strong feelings of love for his family and the people he cares about but masks it constantly because he's afraid of being vulnerable and getting hurt.

explain user
>Inb4 you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals

wth...
I hecking love science doe??
le epic paradox!

The show is written with the condescending tone of a 14-year-old atheist who just “discovered” nihilism and loves Nietzsche (even though he hasn’t read him; just the Wikipedia article on Ubermensch).

Oddly enough, Rick doesn’t act like a smart person. He acts like an immature teenager. And the character says he loves “science,” but he clearly doesn’t; he loves adventure, and “science” is just inventing a new loony-tunes tool to enable the wacky adventures. In fact, Rick is more in-line with the stupid people I know than the smart one; he’s compelled to prove himself right (even when he’s not), he experiences no joy in discovery, and he isn’t open to learning new things or finding a better perspective. Pic related; Rick is a dumb person’s idea of what a smart person is.

Attached: 9A9ED6E6-F1EC-4F4D-B556-64614DBC95AC.png (915x439, 111.49K)

Focus on science. Tells you to focus on science as it's better than religion yet science is nothing but ever-changing theories on the laws of our world and universe purposed by a bunch of old men. No different than religion.

I can’t remember, did rick’s wife die or did he get cucked and divorced or something?

the show clicks if you accept that it's science-fantasy, a window into a world for a not so smart person to imagine what smart things could be done as a not-so smart person who was gifted with smarts

Attached: frogurt.jpg (154x182, 8.28K)

Yeah, it does work with that perspective. You’re right. But unfortunately, that isn’t how the show is treated by it’s audience.

She dies
youtu.be/lufsQmQ0EDc

>yet science is nothing but ever-changing theories on the laws of our world and universe purposed by a bunch of old men. No different than religion.

It is different than religion, however, the “science” you’re referring to is the modern dogma pushed by some in academia and the media. Real science is using logic and reason to determine how our universe truly operates; it’s an attempt to brush the veil aside and see the truth. Real science and mathematics has unlocked so much.

It's a false premise.

Love doesnt matter.. because it's just chemicals in your brain. He never explained why "chemicals" makes something less valid.

Sherlock and Rick are characters whose intelligence is basically a superpower. Of course smart people can’t invent a teleporter in their garage, or deduce a killer through a perfume they remembered from 12 years ago.

It’s like saying Iron Man is a bad character because real billionaires can’t fly or fight bad guys in melee combat. Your entire post is retarded and pretentious.

Powerful