I watched the first episode of this at a friend's house and it was thoroughly comfy and kino despite the utterly shit...

I watched the first episode of this at a friend's house and it was thoroughly comfy and kino despite the utterly shit CGI. Is the whole thing worth watching if you have only a passing interest in sci fi?

Attached: B5.jpg (1000x1471, 135.83K)

There are worse things you could watch. I'd recommend giving it a shot. It basically turns into Lord of the Rings In Space, so...

Yeah the pay off this series is almost unrivalled as far as sci fi series. The shitty cgi didn't bother me at all it kind of added to the comfy. Deff stick with it.

Attached: bf-phbal.jpg (487x600, 66.09K)

Why did so many scifi shows have jews in space?

You didn't think they would just go away in the future did you?

Attached: jewsinspace.jpg (620x936, 113.71K)

It's about the only show that had a man with a vision make a long term 5+ year complex and branching storyline. And the actors chemistry together later in the show is unmatched.

Its kino
I’m also bumping it in protest of the 10 trillion Snoy Wars threads

It's one of the few shows that regularly shake up the cast and roles of character while rarely losing the story thread. They did an amazing job getting theatre actors to play aliens, since they come off as so odd on camera that it makes them more believable.

Reminder that the Narn started their war with the Centauri at Ragesh III and got exactly what they asked for
DO IT AGAIN BOMBER LONDO

Attached: 6C76DE07-FDFE-448E-B204-69EF4125BCF7.gif (464x266, 1.79M)

the first season is very rough overall but the highs of the show are pretty extreme imho

Give me more sci-fi shit to watch bros, I got a lot of catching up to do. I only just watched Starship Troopers and now I'm going through Stargate

Farscape
TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT

ds9 might have a worse first season than b5 and its kinda weak in comparison but there is some good stuff there but you have to dig through hours of trash to find it.

It's absolutely kino, and it filters retards hardcore

It gets much better after the first season so keep watching. CGI will always stay old, no way around that.

Farscape
Stargate

Attached: 1624866964731.jpg (384x288, 22.51K)

That's basically all of Star Trek. There's maybe fifteen hours of genuinely good tv there, but it's under endless days of trash.

one thing I noticed when watching the first ep was how utterly sincere and warm it felt. I don't know how to describe it. It just felt well intentioned even with some of the more difficult themes. I don't know why but shows today feel so much more hard-edged and nasty even if they pay lip service to togetherness etc. For instance, the reveal of garibaldi laughing at darkwing duck cartoons was utterly comfy and lovely. I wish we had shows with that kind of aesthetic now instead of mean black ladies telling it like it is

it's DS9 but better in every way
not surprising, since DS9 is itself a ripoff of Babylon 5

it also inspired Mass Effect

Attached: 1653547297649.jpg (1920x1075, 396.82K)

I'm actually on my first rewatch after I originally saw it 9 years ago - there's a HD remaster that HBO put out last year that actually looks really good.
I remember the CGI being laughably aged on the dvd version I saw originally, but I know they upscaled some of it for this release and it looks really passable for the mid-90s, and if I remember rightly it gets better with each season as well. This is from early season 2 where I am now.

But yeah, it's got a great payoff - but unfortunately the main plot pretty much wraps up midway through season 4 and season 5 isn't great for the most part.
I'd say skip 5 but you have to kind of persevere with it because you only get the full story arc for the two best characters by following it through to the very end.

Attached: 52152.jpg (1440x1080, 216.22K)

Season 5 has Centauri War kino, the ending, and nothing else.

Yeah I don't know if there's a guide of missable episodes for S5, but unfortunately it's essential viewing just for the conclusion of G'Kar and Londo's arcs

This man did nothing wrong

Attached: 8993efc475ede155369ea8bccfa2ef81.gif (206x354, 35.9K)

AHHHHHHH!
MY GOOOOORD FRIEND, MR user, YES?