The Wire

Nigga, is you crazy? Ain't no ugly-ass white man get his face on no legal motherfucking tender except he president.

Attached: 1639554027552.jpg (258x387, 69.71K)

I liked The Wire except for two major factors:
1. Every once in a while a character would show up who was basically out of a cartoon and completely ruin the tone, usually Omar after Season 2 and/or Brother Mouzone.
2. The fucking retards I've had to talk to who think watching this soap opera taught them about The Game. I wish they would all stick a pistol in their mouths and yank the trigger but accidentally just blow their frontal lobes off so they could spend the rest of their time on earth in a living hell of their own making.

Omar and Brother are definitely out of place. It's like they stepped out of a Marvel movie.

This look like money mothafucka? Money be green!

Omar and Brother Mouzone are both based on real people, its just one of those "truth is stranger than fiction" things where tonally they dont fit in because, its a show
To me the biggest problem is that Marlo comes out of nowhere and is written like a 1000 IQ genius because David Simon realized that his scathing takedown of police bureaucracy accidentally made the police look halfway competent

See also: The judge that McNulty was friends with
Young Proposition Joe in the flashbacks which was the worst thing in the entire show by a mile
Half of Snoop's work

Yeah hey man the real-life people you refer to were not Marvel movie quiplords who constantly had carefully staged confrontations where they lapsed into Shakespearean dialog holy fuck hang yourself before you think anything else stupid

they literally were though

>Man I don't know man I mean I'm kinda sad, that tower be home to me.

Attached: bodie babel.png (1067x783, 1.27M)

Source on these verbal duels?

Benjamin Franklin was never the president…

That’s the point of the scene
That’s those lil niggers aren’t as dumb as they seem

yeah I'm intrigued to know what bit of info you got that make you certain Brother Mouzone comically squabbling with his assistant about magazines was a real-life phenomenon duplicated faithfully in a tv show
You should write "I'm a fucking retard" on the back of your hand and look at it every once in a while until you catch up to the rest of us

Omar is based on a real person who actually survived the crazy shit he did

>believing this
You niggas is retarded

Omar is based on a collection of stories from multiple people that allegedly happened. aka it's all fake shit

And in the show they aren't marvel quiplords either. Zoomers need to fucking die off

>To me the biggest problem is that Marlo comes out of nowhere and is written like a 1000 IQ genius because David Simon realized that his scathing takedown of police bureaucracy accidentally made the police look halfway competent
This. It was such a big deal that they'd photograph and tap the phones of lowly drug dealers in the first season, then for some stupid reasons they couldn't do it again, then for the stupidest of all reasons Marlo gets a phone again.
Also was Prop Joe supposed to be a big baddie when the first time we saw him he was wearing a shitty suit to a basketball game. Show should have ended after Stringer died but became shit after D'Angelo died

It was subtle joke about american education

>To me the biggest problem is that Marlo comes out of nowhere and is written like a 1000 IQ genius because David Simon realized that his scathing takedown of police bureaucracy accidentally made the police look halfway competent
I didn't get that. Marlo was simply brutality personified. He was the equivalent of a cartel nigger. He had no intelligence, but he was willing to do evreything to rise to the top. And he cam at the perfect time because Avon was gone and Stringer was more interested in just doing business, no street shit. By the time he was about to get whacked by Avon, Stringer inadvertently saved his life by ratting on Avon. From there on he really had no rival since Stringer got killed and Avon was in prison and Prop Joe controlled another territory, plus he was more interested in being a businessman like Stringer than a streets guy

WHERE DA BOY AT STRING?

>Marlo comes out of nowhere and is written like a 1000 IQ genius

Marlo is moments away from being gunned down before Avon gets arrested just in time. Marlo just took advantage of the power vacuum after Avon and String were gone.