The Game

This is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

Attached: 7BCFFAA6-4CD8-4FFB-9396-F3B55D7F5734.jpg (1000x1415, 137.08K)

It is stupid but I really enjoy this sub-genre of high-concept thrillers for midwit adults. Shame they don't make them anymore.

He doesn’t even become a puzzle

It's a shame because there's something of a neat idea buried under all the shit of a LARP

You just lost

The ending was kinda shit because everything depended on him doing exactly as they thought he would do. How did they know he was going to jump off the building? It's just one of those 'turn your brain off and then it's good' movies.

There’s something almost Eyes Wide Shut about the first act of the film. A secret game for those in high society. It’s intriguing. Then it just becomes nonsense.

I don’t like films that have endless twists and turns. It’s hard to be invested in anything when you’re just waiting for the next twist.

I was recommended this and spent two hours for that stupid fucking twist. It could've gone wrong in like a 1000 places, not to mention the company would surely be sued into oblivion
>Random cop sees him with a gun
>Instead of jumping off the building he shoots himself (blanks will still kill you at that range)
>He jumps literally anywhere else off the building
etc. etc.

Yeah, the concept has potential. You also have good production design, a decent cast, and some interesting themes. Shame the script ultimately lets it down but still fun if you're in the right mood.

It’s like a shit version of Total Recall.

The guy was supposed to throw him if he didn't. It was a fun movie.

this

Attached: [White Rabbit intensifies].jpg (480x267, 72.65K)

I watched this but I remember literally 0 of it.

Michael Douglas was typecasted in these cheesy thrillers as the protagonist throughout the 80s and 90s. It was formula that put bums on seats in cinemas.

It's dumb but entertaining.

I'm gay actor Michael Douglas

>we're going to make you value life by putting you through hell even though you didn't really do anything wrong
Saw before Saw

Why is Michael Douglas so placid at the party at the end?

extremely kino but the story needed more work, especially the ending.

he jumped because that was the same way his father killed himself if i recall correctly.

this film was very entertaining and highly original, how many films can you say that about released in the last 10 years. it's so sad that the only high budget films that can made nowadays are capeshit or other franchises