Why dont we ever see knights using poleaxes in films or tv shows?

why dont we ever see knights using poleaxes in films or tv shows?
from the late 1300s until the end of the age of armored men at arms this was their primary weapon, the sword as highly prized as it was was nevertheless the sidearm

Attached: cc7496a137d2c5a7f5191bfdff3f5aac.jpg (1499x2254, 571.13K)

Because 90% of people couldn’t care less.

They don't look cool

Dick axe

What's the point of those two antennas below the shoulders?

Nigga they don't even use HELMETS in film. Why the fuck are they going to start using period weapons. Also
>says poleaxe
>posts polehammer

because it looks fucking lame
like I'm sure it was very effective it just doesn't look cool

Those are Besagews
Their purpose is to stop spear thrusts aimed at the armpit, a common weak point in armor

It's a little known fact that their helmets doubled as headphones, but sadly they hadn't invented harddrives yet so they had to stream via radio waves.

Medieval language could be very vague
A poleaxe could have a axe and hammer, or axe and spike, or hammer and spike
>trying to slash iron plate with a sword looks cool

They let him pick up the jousting channel while he's out marching to and from war

for me it's the bec de corbin polearm. i would've had primary heavy shield walls with rows of corbin's behind, poking and prodding.
along with that men in the back with heavy grappling hooks on chains - manned by rows of men in "tug of war" fashion. throw hook, hook enemy, dragged him into the wall and under, slaughter.

Attached: Bec de corbin.jpg (1024x1024, 66.06K)

historically the word poleaxe can refer to hammer variants as well

Shit. Meant for

these weapons were for individual use, not mass combat
for that you would use a longer polearm

>"blacksmith, put the tip of this polearm on a longer piece of wood"
why even bother talking if you're going to say something so fucking retarded.

nope, the polearm components were forged from several pieces and then screwed together

polearms were made from repurposing agricultural implements and cast as a single piece

cool. but you can clearly see from pic that the piece of wood can be longer. stop being retarded. stop watching shartiversity.

it would not be able to be used as intended
nor could it be used as a polearm

ok i'll make a long bec de corbin and you defend yourself against it
as you lay dying you can cite how there are no sources of long bed de corbins. you can die as you've always lived, up your own ass.

Poleaxes were the real main weapons of knights whenever they're on foot. It would also make the choreography better. Its ridiculous seeing armored soldiers die from a sword slash but getting smashed by a poleaxe would make sense. It would also be nice to see grappling maneuvers since that's a big part of armored medieval combat. But alas swordfags dominate media. You'll actually see more people using two handed swords over poleaxes and the like in media based on the medieval age.