Why the fuck does a 2003 capeshit film look more 'realistic' than a 2022 capeshit film

Why the fuck does a 2003 capeshit film look more 'realistic' than a 2022 capeshit film
Oh right because of green screen
Look how fucking good this looks even if the CGI isn't even that great just because the cgi is planted in a real life setting
There are scenes like 5 seconds into this clip where the Hulk looks far more intimidating purely because you see him in a real set

youtube.com/watch?v=NpoB6-TCGWw

Attached: MV5BMjAxMDQ1MDE0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc0MTIyMw@@._V1_.jpg (2048x1490, 2.07M)

Pic not related?

I dunno but it's better than endgame and infinity even with the comic panels

Ang Lee makes kino
It looks better than anything in capeshit today even if its in 2003, if you think placing a cgi object in full real lighting is that easy fuck you

Attached: angleev2-600.jpg.preset.square.jpg (587x587, 183.73K)

The contrast with the real world just makes the bad CGI look even worse.

Because they don't care anymore. The average moviegoer nowadays is far more ignorant and stupid than any previous generation.

>Why the fuck does a 2003 capeshit film look more 'realistic' than a 2022 capeshit film.
It's because that CGI was made by white Americans. VFX now are largely done by pajeets. It looks like cheap shit because it is.

Hulk 2003 is not bad cgi you retards Ang Lee perfect his size compared to other objects it was absolute kino

Bana Hulk would have looked better if his colours were toned down.
Norton Hulk looks the best.
Yes I know lou ferrigno isn't there

Attached: 1024.hulks.mh.111212.jpg (1024x759, 109.9K)

that cuck ruffalo hulk looks like a fucking troll how utterly disgraceful

Never understood the statement saying that 2003 had bad CGI. I think it’s aged better than almost anything that’s come out in the past ten years.

Really hope they bring back Sam Elliott as Ross. He was perfect. Liked Hurt but Elliott just looks better.

Simple answer: They actually put effort in the cgi back then, even if it was somewhat obvious in some films.

It's the lighting. Old CG lighting was manually animated which really helped sell the effects. New CG is procedurally lit by the computer which always looks like shit because the computer doesn't understand how Hollywood movies are lit.

I mean you have a director here who’s a real artist. He’s clearly trying to take this fantastic concept and really think through the real world implications, you know little things like bullets dimpling hulk’s skin, or the way the sound drops out when the camera follows hulk up into the sky, or how the explosions leave dirt and soot on hulk. And all of that also helps marry the CGI to the real photography. Nowadays there is no artist at the helm of any of these productions and the CGI only has to look as convincing as the also completely CG locations

It doesn't look that realistic. The shorts are where it really falls apart, this is FFX cutscene level CGI, maybe slightly worse in fact.
If you want good CGI from this time, look to LotR.

Whenever he’s still it looks damn near perfect. The imperfections are mostly in the animations and a lot of that is just stuff we didn’t have great tech for back then like animating his whole musculature or simulating the fabric of his shorts. But even then it holds up better than expected given how old it is and it’s reputation

>If you want good CGI from this time, look to LotR.
Uh no, it looks pretty bad now

This

Bean-Counter Trick #1 (Rules of Keepsies):
Those are MY beans. How can I keep ALL of the beans? Don't spend them. How can that be possible? It's not, spend SOME beans in a money laundering tax dodging scam to make A LOT of fuggin' beans.

To do that, you turn people off of solid stories & practicals with great foley/background, and you turn them onto assembly line cartoons that are cheap, quick & easy to produce.

You have entered the consumer age of corporation overlords figuring out how to 3d print movies with cardboard cutout characters AND their actors.

*squeeze gelatin into mold*
*put into freezer*
*25 hours later, remove your "actor"*

The same process is used to make directors, producers and writers.

We are now in McDonald's Movieland.
How can I take your order, user?

Oh...another Avengers movie?
Would you like ScarJo with that?

Attached: CnMqw6pUMAAqUiY.jpg (605x437, 51.64K)

>Whenever he’s still it looks damn near perfect
>CGI

Attached: 71F3BFEC-0CEC-4D44-B317-7DAC3524EC34.gif (199x199, 570.68K)

Is this achievable natty?

Why are capeshitters so terrible at baiting?