Why is Taiwan so important for microchip production...

Why is Taiwan so important for microchip production? Why don't other high tech countries like China or the US have this industry?

Attached: pepe.jpg (685x394, 36.88K)

They do THOUGH. So do Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, etc
Taiwan is just the most oversaturated per capita

China isn’t high tech and the US used to do it but Wall Street outsourced it all to Taiwan because they could save some shekels doing it there

But how come they hold so much power over tech production? They're a very small country, I don't understand how the rest of the world can rely on their semiconductors

Attached: spede.jpg (800x450, 23.9K)

China is world-leading in many tech fields, especially in 5G and mobile tech

nobody else has the requisite intelligence
Squid gamers were competitive many years ago but not anymore

Because America wanted Taiwan protected and money could be made. We outsourced to them for a reason. Money and Taiwanese in america have pull and we like them. But really money and politics. This way china can't attack or piss off the world, and Taiwan is a thorn in china's side. Embarrassing them decade after decade.

I see, that makes sense if true. Thank you burger king

Idk semiconductors became a meme at this point. When I looked into it the best answer I could get is that it takes billions and several years to build the fabs, second place doesn't get any of the rewards of being the market leader because 2nd place may aswell be last, and by the time someone catches up they have moved on to the next thing

A combination of corporate US outsourcing without understanding the strategic consequences of it combined by Taiwanese goverment own initiatives in setting up TMSC. A youtuber by the name of Asianometry did a pretty good at explaining it

Because if Taiwanese didn’t get paid to make them, then Americans or Germans would.

China does not have the research structure to innovate which would take a decade to build. How they research is basically crowd surfing. Completely serious. They look at everyone else's research then use the best. They have created a trillion dollar network around doing this.
It's why they can't invent only copy at the moment. Why would anyone trust them with cutting edge technology

>A youtuber by the name of Asianometry did a pretty good at explaining it
Will check it out, thank you saar

Because it’s cheaper for corporations to get them made in Taiwan then West Virginia and we wouldn’t want Joe from Morgantown to actually have something to do other than opiates now would we?

>It's why they can't invent only copy at the moment
That was true 10-20 years ago but they are now in the spear front of several tech fields, again they were ahead of everyone when it came to 5G for example. That's an outdated american cope

I don't care for Americans, fuck Joe in Morganstown

They outsourced it because it's cheaper and requires water

they're just not at TSMC's level.

Attached: Samsung.jpg (740x527, 38.42K)

The market could be made fair again by simply blowing up all of TSMC overnight

What exactly did 5g do?

What?

What is this chart saying? I can't read chinese

What did it do. I don't notice anything.

That's not really relevant to the conversation

>country

Attached: 1480284551116.jpg (237x240, 6.08K)

How is it not. What is 5g and what did it actually do. This is kind of hypersonicicky if you get my drift

Saying that China is ahead in 5G or AI than the US is a very misguided idea.

China is ahead in scale of 5G and AI, yes, which it should considering their size and population and the fact that Chinese government can generally collect data with much less restrictions than free governments. Modern AI relies heavily on data, and China's government has the data of over a billion people.

But when it comes to what actually constitutes artificial intelligence technology, techbros in the US are far ahead than China. Chinese still rely on open sourced Western frameworks, tools and software for their AI research. Most cutting edge AI research that involves pure math still happens in the West.

Chinese shills overestimate China and then get disappointed when China doesn't want to get destroyed by trying to muscle America, just what happened yesterday.

tldr
tsmc achieved higher cpu efficiency than competition and they are years ahead in development

>Why is Taiwan so important for microchip production?
because they invested heavily on future technology and it paid off, other countries could have done same, nobody did.

>high tech countries like China
kek

Attached: Chinese engineering.webm (480x480, 1.78M)

>Intelecommunications,5Gis the fifth-generationtechnology standardforbroadbandcellular networks, whichcellular phone companiesbegan deploying worldwide in 2019, and is the planned successor to the4Gnetworks which provide connectivity to most currentcellphones.
However you feel about it isnt really relevant, what I said was that China has been really ahead in developing 5G with their own tech. They don't just rely on copying and stealing IP anymore, like they did in the past.

This

One of the things he point out is the us and taiwan essentially going different routes on the computer development tech tree and that not working for the US. Also Japan and Taiwan did have these government collaborations that worked really well to set them up in the past few decades.
Japan the companies worked together under government force for a while but are not commited to the concept while American silicon wafer and chip producers set up an organic collaboration system which has push America beyond Japan, but still behind Tawain due to greater focus and specialization/talent.

They are not ahead of us on AI. That's a joke. Our F 35 fleet has more general intelligence than all of china combined when you look at ai. They are where we were in the 80's and I am not exaggerating. They keep trying to reverse engineer AI. It's like they are ants. How could you reverse engineer a general intelligence AI. It's literally impossible. Good analogy would be try building a person from adulthood to a baby. It's not possible.

TSMC basically came from the personal bet of a Chinese (not Taiwanese) guy that moved to Taiwan. They partnered with ASML (dutch lithography company) to continuously evolve the laser machines that make the microchips. Together, they kept advancing not only the hardware part but also creating a hige software base to automate the fabrication with utmost precision. They basically made all the right choices and the Taiwanese government poured all their investment funds into TSMC, making the endeavour a resounding success that never stopped (still to this day) trying to further improve their procedures. Not only do they have a huge headstart (they're the only company that is able to produce the microchips used in the top processors) but they're also the ones who invest the most to keep evolving. It's not even a contest. This is the reason why Intel got destroyed and AMD is slowly but surely replacing them (they use TSMC chips).
t. stock holder of TSMC, ASML and AMD for some time
also did a small research internship at Intel

What's 5g... No more buzz words like connectivity
No one trust them with cutting edge technology that was my point and they can't develop their own.

I read a theory that America purposefully keeps semiconductor production outsourced to Taiwan so they have a casus belli to attack if China invades.