Why does American English sound the most "normal"?

Or at least neutral?

Attached: 1350466547443.png (244x284, 57.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/gif/1656057347459.webm
voca.ro/12WvqrmuidZX
youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us
youtu.be/8zHURhs0DbM
vocaroo.com/17GFcB5lVxbX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's vulgar

because it's the version of the language that you're most familiar with (assuming). If you consume a lot of american media, you'll most likely come to expect the accent to be the "default" of the language, rather than british, australian, canadian, etc..

because we export the media you consume

California english is the most neutral and well enunciated of all english accents, change my mind.

It sounds fucked up to an english ear

i've grown to disagree with that, listening to Brits talk sounds so much more natural and has a more comprehensive flow. you can also tell that Brits read more than Americans, everything that you say to an American has to be chopped down to its most basic, novice format.

Because you hear it from the films. It's just as derived as any other form of english.

>listening to Brits talk sounds so much more natural and has a more comprehensive flow
If that were true, it would be easier for Americans to fake British accents than the other way around but instead it's the opposite. Brits can do convincing American accents with little effort while Americans can't do the bongs to save their life (because it's unnatural).

Attached: 1277450602169.jpg (573x480, 94.81K)

American English is like English spoken by ESLs. Its a continental european language with english vocab. It's not proper English

It's far more literal and every word has to be annunciated to maximise literal understanding.
British english is full of idioms, metaphor, double meanings, word play and uses more vocab.

and i think our creative use and better command of english is one of them. we can say things much more beautifully than americans or aussies can.

the last thing this guy says is literally shakespearean level prose:
i.4cdn.org/gif/1656057347459.webm

voca.ro/12WvqrmuidZX

Attached: 1548445562310.jpg (1024x786, 69.16K)

the ability to impersonate is not something that just anyone can do, you have to practice it at length.

B'cuz y'r just yoost t'hearin' it.

>most well enunciated
Californians can’t even pronounce cot and caught differently. Automatic disqualification. My vote goes for New York/Inland North accents

Becarse we downt tawrk loik this

American english is easy to imitate because you just have to annunciate each syllable in a rising tone and speak nasally.

British is harder because of the consonant dropping and 'falling tone'/sliding between words without fully pronouncing them

American: HAI GAIS GRAYD WEA-THURR TOO-DAY RAIT?
british: alri lads gud wevurt'day innit

The Brits actually annunciate properly, something Americans don’t even come close to doing.

Other way round. You over-annunciate so english language loses its sovl

>My vote goes for New York/Inland North accents
>Neu yowk siddy ayyy im waulkin hyea!
yah.

our accent is rhotic

You mean the ones who try to pretend they aren't low class chavs and affect an upper class accent.

Clear enunciation versus slurring has nothing to do with dialects, and everything to do with formal-informal speech. American English definitely has slurred speech in regular conversation.

Wrong and also you're all low t beta cucks

Americans talk like they're in high school forever, Brits develop a much more refined vocabulary.

british english is more natural but it sounds weird to ESLs because american english is more standardised also strong dialect like scouse or glaswegian english can sound like a foreign language to ESLs

howdy pardner
*slaps your knee*

Americans don't speak English, we speak our own language. English is incomprehensible to us
youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us

There are plenty of rhotic New Yorkers. A lot of younger Long Islanders will pronounce the r at the end of a syllable.

Wrong. Americans speak english way more literally and way more annunciated. Even posh accents slur
youtu.be/8zHURhs0DbM
>i dunknow ifyuvbeen to PEPPApig worl... well it was fantast- i was a bit hazy (about what) i'dfind at PEPPApig worl

I could beat you

Because you've grown up consuming American media.

The american accent is built for esls to understand our island language. Its the accent of the masses of polacks, germans, italians, slaves and mexicans

>the ability to impersonate is not something that just anyone can do, you have to practice it at length.
I doubt it, here I'll do it right now.

vocaroo.com/17GFcB5lVxbX

Attached: 1639946107509.jpg (720x732, 75.22K)