Alien 3 deleted scenes?

I rewatched Alien 3 and it's actually kinda kino. However I couldn't help but notice a few scenes missing, namely the second time Ripley confronts the alien, there was this almost lewd scene with her touching the alien's head while he listens to her her heart beat.

I'm up for discussion and I'm decent at it. What do you faggots wanna talk about? where did this movie go wrong?

Attached: Alien-3-A.jpg (600x363, 100.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1bd9L5Tw7k
youtube.com/watch?v=p_4nAJsUYe0
youtube.com/watch?v=xhXw2c5HagI
youtube.com/watch?v=hmF_IO6Aiag
youtube.com/watch?v=8jRRZPGa3fU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all i know its that its anamorphic

No refunds goy!

>where did this movie go wrong?
Lets start
>killing Hicks and Newt
>all the character look the same (mostly bald, white, even Ripley looked like a dude)
>Ripley is a slut for some reason and fucks the doctor
>CGI, or green screen matting effects, whatever were really, really bad
>story kind of plods along with very little flow
>directing looks like a typical 90s grunge music video

It went wrong by coming out in an era where there was still some quality present in culture. Communist interests hadn’t subverted everything yet. Compared to shit these days, this movie comes off as a masterpiece which is why it aged so well. You can legitimately use it as a reference point to measure cultural decay. When it released it was shit, but now things are so shitty that it seems downright remarkable.

The atmospheric soundtrack is the best thing about this film. This movie is kino, period I dont care what anyone says. Alien 3 takes the franchise back to its dark horror roots and it ends the Ripley trilogy perfectly, A:R never happened and AVP is a fun joke concept that should have never been adapted outside of comics and video games.
youtube.com/watch?v=w1bd9L5Tw7k
youtube.com/watch?v=p_4nAJsUYe0
youtube.com/watch?v=xhXw2c5HagI

Attached: image_2022-05-30_223243625.png (624x407, 279.63K)

>where did this movie go wrong?
Killing Newt and Hicks

Right where it cuts to black ... the version I watched included a scene where she almost makes out with the alien's head before returning to Dillan and realizing the Alien won't kill her. I'm pretty sure it was there unless I'm getting it mixed with Alien 4.
youtube.com/watch?v=hmF_IO6Aiag

>killing Hicks and Newt
Alien 3 should had been a stand alone movie with its own cast. That's where it fucked up honestly.
>all the character look the same (mostly bald, white, even Ripley looked like a dude)
That's also a problem. Even in prison break movies not all the characters look the same.
>The characters
Beyond the doctor, warden, the poetic black guy, the crazy skinny poetic guy, 85 IQ guy the rest are very background fodder.
And again the problem is that you're rooting for characters that are going to die and focusing all the action on the human characters rather than the alien which can be quite contradicting. Ripley and the Alien almost eclipse everyone and the characters themselves aren't say better than Bishop, Hicks, Newt...
Story does feel very slow, the alien finally meets Ripley after 60 minutes into the movie. It's so slow and lengthy you almost get to develop the doctor which unfortunately gets killed off thus wasting time developing him, he should have survived together with Dillan.
>Techniques used
Indeed it does feel like a pretentious artistic stylistic film trying to sync up bullshit like the religious poetry with the alien's birth. I kinda liked that.

The Shawshank Redemption wasn't this depressive, had an intellectual main character and some memorable secondary characters that got their plots resolved.
When the Shawshank Redemption did synced actions it did it for in-world reasons rather than artistic reasons.
youtube.com/watch?v=8jRRZPGa3fU

Alien 3 could had been an interesting combo of a feelsie prison break story with a monster making everyone go insane.
Same for the monastery concept.

A horror film happening in a monastery would had been novel, doubly so for being a monastery set in a sci-fi setting.
Just like the Alien is really just an insectoid reptile skeleton in a sci-fi setting.

Just like in Alien 4 I liked the idea they had going on of making the Alien mind control people and having whoever is infected with an embryo feel the aliens, but they didn't bother putting it to good use as a main mechanic of the film like the motion tracker.

It went wrong by coming after Aliens honestly.
If it came right after Alien then they could have kept Ripley as a main character without the problem of Bishop, Hicks, Newt. It would had made more sense to call it Alien 1.5 but dumbasses aren't smart enough to think of that let alone agree to that because they're stubborn cunts.

That isn't to say Alien 3 wouldn't had still been severely compared to Alien 1. In Alien 1 the crew are friends and it's a more badass cold indifferent atmosphere.
In Alien 3 it's nothing but frenemies, a disgusting brownish diarrhea atmosphere where they shit where they eat.

If you are a fan of prison break movies that is excellent for you. If you are a fan of average horror movies set in haunted mansions then you will not appreciate the Elder Scrolls 3 aesthetic and pathetic shitty atmosphere.

After Aliens everyone was expecting the Earth Wars, they were expecting the world design to keep evolving into something bigger and bigger.

The soundtrack is very biblical and very dark fantasy medieval almost like Legacy of Kain. The problem is you can don't hear a lot of it.
Another massive problem in Alien 3 is that you can barely fucking hear what the actors are saying. You cannot watch it without subs on.

>>Ripley is a slut for some reason and fucks the doctor
Almost explained in Alien 1 and possibly 2 with Hicks. In Alien 1 there's a deleted scene (never shot) where she says she has needs and fucks Dallas.
Frankly I never cared for the sex in alien because all the men and women are ugly as sin. Halo and Metroid did a good job at actually making an attractive female.
If anything I dare say the Alien is better looking than all the bastards in 4 films. Prometheus and Covenant kinda sorta had more average good looking characters that don't look like the special eds class and minimum wage workers.

>NOOOOOO YOU CANT KILL LE HECKIN HICKS AND NEWT BAD THINGS ARENT ALLOWED TO HAPPEN IN A HORROR FRANCHISE NOOOOOOO

Honestly they could have did something cool and have 2 movies for Alien 3; one from the perspective of the prisoners to get that prison break atmosphere and 1 from the perspective of the alien to get that colder more badass atmosphere. The alien perspective would be dedicated to fans who don't give a shit about the civilians and just want their killer Spawn/Batman alien on the loose. Another interesting thing they could have did from the alien's perspective is to have everything in black & blue or green & black to emphasize that cold and badass atmosphere instead of that yellow-brown diarrhea aesthetic that's more suited for a post apocalyptic kinda film to make you feel sorry for how pathetic they are and how they're living in shit.

I read a comic book in that old timey yellow piss aesthetic and it's frankly very good at capturing a pathetic kinda depression.
Meanwhile the black Alien is more goth and goth is more badass. Blue & black a more detached, colder kinda depression.

Still retarded of them to have tried doing a progressive story instead of AU in-betweens on top of AU in-between. They actually did that in one of the books ... Ripley is intercepted by a ship and Ash becomes or was a malevolent AI that somehow uploaded himself to her dropship and when the crew rescue the dropship Ash uploads himself to the rest of the giant ship that rescued the dropship.

Can we talk about muh Boner Situation?

Attached: ripley.jpg (889x1178, 614.99K)

If you find Sigourney Weaver attractive then you find white Michael Jackson attractive. Go fuck a tranny.

Well a competent writer will try to incorporate their deaths within the story not in the beginning of the story.

Indeed. Seems like he almost hated having Ripley as a main character, that's why she's an outsider and why he had her killed at the end in hopes nobody will touch her again.

You fucking moron. Bad things happening to main characters between movies is not a franchise. It's a shitshow. You low-watt bulb.

Seems like I mistook that scene for the one in Alien 4 and the first encounter with it in Alien 3. Wouldn't be the first time my imagination runs wild and makes me remember scenes better than they were.