Are there any movies that do with Christian mythology what this one does with Norse mythology?

Are there any movies that do with Christian mythology what this one does with Norse mythology?

Attached: the-northman-trailer-eggers-1024x538.jpg (1045x588, 40.72K)

Monitoring

Attached: 1618895230371.png (680x425, 217.07K)

Meaning what, barely addressing it?

I don't know why you mean by addressing it but come on, it was completely steeped in it.
I'd love to see something similar that dealt with Christian mythos.

Attached: christ-in-gethsemane-nikolai-ge.jpg (2133x2800, 1.84M)

Excalibur

Like a medieval movie where God is real like Joan of Arc? Otherwise it should be more about jewish mythology; christian mythology in Jesus times is just the Gospels

I can’t think of anything that had to do with mythology other than the shots of the Valkyrie. If you’re just talking about random shit like the ravens and the magic sword or whatever then that’s kind of a stretch, basically the entirety of Western fantasy fiction is referencing Christian mythology by that definition

>Christian mythology
You mean Jewish hogwash?

Christianity is an antisemetic religion. If the book of John was released in 2022 it would be condemned by the ADL.

>christian mythology
What dies that even mean? Like a biblical film? There are tons of those.

This comes to mind for me as well, but I don't actually remember fuck all from that film

Christianity and mythology are very different concepts but perhaps I know what you were trying to ask.
Give the amazing, wonderful Andrei Rublev a try. Get the best possible version in terms of image quality (Criterion), there are is a theatrical and a Director's cut, both are great

Nah, Christian theology is all just dudes getting piped in their shitholes.
Genesis, dudes getting piped in the shit holes.
Exodus, dudes getting piped in their shit holes.
Deuteronomy, boy you better believe its dudes getting piped in their shit holes

The Valkyrie stuff. Odin and the ravens appearing. The witches. Even just stuff like the sound design.
Stuff like that.

I'll check these out, thanks anons.

What do you want from a Christian version exactly? Passion of the Christ exists. The stuff you mentioned is explicitly cool because of the culture surrounding it

Wouldn't call it mythology. It's history.

Attached: image_191ecb9e.jpg (1400x2100, 628.92K)

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Attached: Evangelion.png (640x480, 441.48K)

This one probably fits best what you are asking for.

Attached: excalibur_poster.jpg (767x1200, 200.44K)

I think the reason there isn't much Christian media, aside from jews seething and suppressing it, is because God is real and it's all about your personal relationship with Him, the saints, the angels and the holy virgin Mary. Depicting it on the screen can't compare to meditating on the subject matter, reading the Word, praying.

There definitely should be more as long as it's made by legitimate christians, extremely rare in media faggot circles.

The Pilgrimage, probably.

No, I think he meant Christian mythology, since that's what he said.

> Christian
> mythology

Nice try

Christianity plus ayylmao? Just watch Ancient Aliens.

Gibson delivers. The Prince of Egypt is quite excellent. There are adaptations of Henryk Sienkiewicz's novels which are quite good (Quo Vadis, Potop) and Franco Zeffirelli is also worth giving a look.

Attached: Potop.jpg (1448x2048, 467.57K)

I don't know really. I guess stuff with angels, visions of heaven, God speaking to people either directly or indirectly.
Stuff that comes to mind that does feature these are the angel at the end of A Dark Song and when the image of Christ speaks in Silence. Also, it's been years since I saw it but I remember a certain kind of feeling The Da Vinci Code gave me at the end, I'd like more like that.

I feel like you could do the Northman but about say the conversion and experiences of people like Paul or Constantine. That would be pretty kino.

There is no Christian mythology

There was an attempt until they realised it would be ridiculously expensive and near impossible to translate into a screen

Attached: 26D9B55B-0138-443C-966A-8872B45F63AD.jpg (977x857, 173.14K)

THIS IS GAY

del Toro's first Hellboy is interesting in that sense, because iirc both him and Mignola are lapsed Catholics and back then del Toro wasn't anywhere near as obnoxious as he's these days. you have the whole Behemoth portion at the end and a huge part of Hellboy's character is the Rosary.

Attached: EWTpy89XQAEs-gZ.png (575x400, 180.06K)

>Christianity is an antisemetic religion
lol

Attached: not jewish btw.png (723x575, 379.88K)

Paradise Lost is garbage.
Filtered.

That Noahs Ark movie?

Christian mythology is not not suited for capeshit and never will be.

That was brutally heretical. Good movie on its own but not Christian.

This one is kino.

Attached: Hacksaw_Ridge (2016).png (1000x1500, 2.22M)

It's literally the capeshit of disenfranchised 1st century Jews.

Attached: the easter story.jpg (1536x2048, 779.31K)

Very good movie but it doesn't have anything explicitly supernatural.

Yeah it's pretty fucking boring, you think they would have came up with better stuff.

The creation account from this was top kino. Noah's vision of the flood was also pretty good.
The rest of the movie, less so.