HBO's Watchmen was kino

HBO's Watchmen was kino

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1280x1920, 279.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/news/1921-tulsa-race-massacre-planes-aerial-attack
youtu.be/jHDW65kZNTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

low quality bait, try harder next time

Why do you hate him for speaking the truth?

A niggerlicious kino shit with extra white guilt and a blue yakub on the side

I miss Dr. Detroit shitposting

I enjoyed it. It had some good moments, and isn't as 'woke' as some people say it is. I don't know why Lindelof ended it on the cliffhanger he did if he never intended to make another season.

so it's a story about race in america and reparations, but what exactly does it add to Watchmen?

>spend 8 episodes building up this strong african american heroine and her personal war against a white supremacist conspiracy
>episode 9
>white supremacist conspiracy actually didn't matter and is thrown off the plot
>black heroine literally does nothing and it's Ozymandias who again saves the world
What did they mean by this?

>and isn't as 'woke' as some people say it is.
isn't there quite literally a scene where the evil whites put hypnosis and brainwashing into a piece of film that causes the blacks to behave violently? Like literally the show is blaming black violence on white brainwashing through the media?

Also isn't this show the reason that most people have a completely skewed and mostly incorrect version of the Tulsa Race Riots in their heads?

>it's a story about race in america and reparations
Like I just said, it's insane how for most of the show that's true, but right at the end they suddendly switch gears and make it into a very generic superhero plot.

That was in the 1940s, all of those people are dead by the time of the main plot. The 100+ year-old black superhero uses the same brainwashing tech on the modern leader of the white supremacists.

On the other hand, the true villain was a vietnamese woman,. Man, the show's plot was all over the place.

Why did Regina Kings son kill himself?

fuck lindelof

>Also isn't this show the reason that most people have a completely skewed and mostly incorrect version of the Tulsa Race Riots in their heads?
history.com/news/1921-tulsa-race-massacre-planes-aerial-attack

>most people agree there were planes flying at the time but there's no evidence they actually shot or fired anything
ok

they fly now?
>unironically said at the time

>The eyewitness accounts from Black Tulsa residents have been key to unraveling the truth about planes over the Greenwood district. To varying degrees, historians have accepted these accounts and tried to weigh this vast evidence against the plausibility of the bombings. “There is enough evidence from African American massacre survivors about seeing planes seemingly drop something from the planes and then hearing an explosion later on,” Ellsworth says. But he points out that massacre historians are still trying to figure out the “turpentine balls” referenced in some accounts. Ellsworth himself is less convinced of the reports of Molotov cocktails and turpentine balls: “I believe without a doubt that Greenwood was bombed from the air…but more likely with sticks of dynamite.”

>In the Tulsa Riot Commission report, researchers concluded that some form of an aerial attack on the Greenwood District did take place, but they fell short of giving it the same prominence as did some of the eyewitnesses who lived through the massacre. “It is within reason that there was some shooting from planes and even the dropping of incendiaries, but the evidence would seem to indicate that it was of a minor nature and had no real effect in the riot,” wrote Richard S. Warner of the Tulsa Historical Society in the report. He cites Beryl Ford, an authority on Tulsa photographic history, who analyzed the building damage visible in pictures. Photos show debris scattered only inside the buildings’ shells; had explosives been employed, Ford points out, the debris would have been strewn outside as well.

>Dr. Detroit
lel

>The eyewitness accounts from Black Tulsa residents
into the trash it goes

I guess I'll never know.

Attached: tumblr_m5ufc4GwJ61qdhsxp.0-Medium.jpg (1174x768, 76.63K)

>cops are the good guys
what

This came out before the covid mask mandates right? Interesting. Maybe.

>isn't as 'woke' as some people say it is.
>backwashes two characters
>plot and premise are all about racial relations
>fabricates a ridiculous version of the Tulsa Riot
Seriously, are you baiting or are you just retarded?

>>plot and premise are all about racial relations
Tell me you didn't watch the show without saying it.

>black eyewitness man
youtu.be/jHDW65kZNTY

Do you need me to link you the interview with Lindelof saying racism is the new Cold War? Why are you even doing this? The show was canceled,, there's no point shilling this shit now?

>poorly written
>poorly planned
>poorly casted
>diversity hires
>negress lead
>jews behind it all
>woke garbage scattered throughout
>political agenda driven plots
>weird capeshit cfnm obsession w/ naked men and no naked women
What else am I forgetting?

>Do you need me to link you the interview with Lindelof saying racism is the new Cold War
How is this relevant to the show in the slightest?
>The show was canceled
No it was not, it ended. HBO begged Lindelhof to make another season but he wouldn't.