APOLOGIZE

Attached: 1647143594121.jpg (1424x1874, 234.43K)

Why? He hasn't made a bad film yet

Why though? He saved thousands of manchildren by getting them to stop consooming star wars, even if it was for a short time

this is the second thread you made today, how much they paying you

You must have me confused with another user.
>how much they paying you
If they were paying me, I wouldn't need to post on this cesspit of a site.

That's what you said in the other thread

Great minds think alike then, huh?

He did a good thing for the Star Wars series, but The Last Jedi is still a shit film.

>shit

Attached: Kino.jpg (9600x4020, 3.45M)

werner ziegler

Nah, that'd be this guy.

Attached: unnamed 5.jpg (900x900, 75.97K)

Looks like shit.

Style over substance doesn't make it good.

Awful tbqh. The cinematography is one of the most bizarrely over-praised aspects of the film.

Tell that to the prequelfags.

Prequels are substance and minimal style, if we're talking cinematography.

Attached: AotC cinegrid.jpg (1334x950, 198.73K)

Go back. Please.

Attached: 1649816700072.jpg (1242x997, 329.26K)

Who cares if story isn't good redditfag

Nah. The only olive branch I can give is that there is some fault to be placed on the Disney execs who, after paying somewhere between $4 and $10 BILLION for Star Wars, decided it would be a good idea to push forward on a new trilogy without any sort of outline, roadmap, or overarching structure in mind. There is certainly some blame to be placed on Kathleen and the other higher-ups for that blunder, but TLJ was still a dogshit flick in its own right. It's just not a good movie, even when judged entirely on its own merit

Agreed, who cares if the story isn't good

I've never been there.

Anyway George Lucas explicitly talks about setting up the subjects and the action for his scenes first, with camera placement as an afterthought, to emulate a documentary style. I'm not entirely against a conventional style, but Lucas captured the chaos and realism of an actual battle, where everything looks staged for the camera. Nothing looks natural. The worst offenders are the scenes where the resistance bombers fly towards the dreadnought in a line, or the AT-ATs and ski-speeder things square up against each other in perfectly straight lines. It looks ridiculous. There's several other shots of unnecessary symmetry or unnecessary and obvious staging: the cinematography calls attention to itself, as opposed to trying to make me believe what I'm seeing.

picrel

Attached: Index.png (1920x818, 1.2M)

>substance and minimal style, if we're talking cinematography.

Attached: 7jd5g0yaqid41.jpg (703x293, 24.06K)

Muh dick

stop spamming these threads fr

Actually thanks for posting that user. I always knew it was important for him to make the universe feel "lived in", especially in comparison to the far too clean sci-fi like Star trek, but I never made the connection that even the Cinematography is adding to this.

Yes. That is an example of what I'm talking about.

Attached: index.jpg (1200x503, 65.27K)