Nostalgia pandering and fanservice is okay if it's for boomers

>Nostalgia pandering and fanservice is okay if it's for boomers

Attached: 1653877467513.jpg (2024x3000, 883.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oeFEJGHxn-c?t=134
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Nostalgia pandering and fanservice is okay if it's good
ftfy

It's just for normies like every other blockbuster

People dont wanna see fat niggers and gay people, at the theater it was mostly young people and some down syndrome arab guy with a fighter jet toy

I wasn't aware how much they just copied from the first one until i watched it. Holy shit even the motorcycle following the jet in the runway scene I thought looked so cool is actually just rehashed from the first. Hollywood truly is out of ideas. Either that or its just the case that everything has been done already

Hollywood is done creatively, it peaked in the late 20th century. Society has collapsed

seething capeshitter

This movie is just further encouraging hollywood to dig up old shit to play with again.

The different between this and shit like Ghostbusters: Afterlife is that it's inconsequential. It doesn't depend on the nostalgic beats to move itself forward.

Capshitters are the audience retard

it's a movie for you mom to flick her bean to, faggot.

If you're going to shit on this movie in particular then you deserve all of the suffering you've received from the Hollywood conveyor belt. Despite being a legacy sequel, it's the first time in years that we've had an honest to god old school and unpozzed blockbuster.

60s-80s is anomaly in western media, eras before then were all cape shit and remakes, and moralizing garbage, we have unfortunately regressed to the mean.

The movie had a based fat negro tho?

It's okay when the movie is good.

You should check out the MCU

But neither he nor none of the others had any very special "I worked so much harder to get here thank you Aryanman" moments. This is a lesson that you actually can cast nonwhite non men and still have it not be annoying.

>single-handedly BTFOs 20 fucking years of the garbage CGI cartoons we've been fed as "blockbusters" - holy fuck, movies can have real stuff in them
>forgets to make Maverick a miserable old failure who needs a smart diverse womyxn to set him straight

Disney shills mad as fuck

Attached: 1624054782613.jpg (612x612, 84.3K)

I can't appreciate the real plans scenes because they are barely indistinguishable from the CGI canyon run.

Aren't MCucks the people watching Top Gun?

You should kill yourself.

>all threads asking why capeshitters finally decided to check out this movie over anything else in the last 20 years
>suddenly trying to act like capeshitters hate it now it's a success

I guess a bunch of them will, since it's a popcorn blockbuster, but it'd be hard to go back to those dogshit bland blurry CGI cartoons after you see an F-18 actually in real life break the sound barrier while inverted over a mountain range.

I didn't say capeshitters, I said Disney shills, of the sort that we've got here.

>some down syndrome arab guy with a fighter jet toy

Did he pretend to crash it into buildings?

>but it'd be hard to go back
Nah they are all going back to Jurassic Park next week

>dude it's le real
>youtu.be/oeFEJGHxn-c?t=134

Attached: 400.png (800x600, 8.23K)

I dunno user. It's going to be interesting to see how the new JP does.

Maybe it's just me but watching real jets doing real stuff was thrilling in a way I haven't really felt in a dumb action movie for a while. And the more I think about it, the more I think it might be because our brains are just not fooled by cartoons like pic related, but that's all Hollywood makes so we just sort of got used to it.

At the very least, it's been more than 24 hours since I've seen a blockbuster and I'm still thinking about it, which is rare

>and then the portals opened and all the little cartoon men ran out to fight cartoon Thanos and I clapped so hard

Attached: 1625879499275.jpg (1200x675, 45.74K)

Stop trying to pit these things against each other, it's too late. Top Gun 2 is basically an MCU movie

It's not totally the same. Instead of a hot science lady teaching the fighter pilots, it's an old 50-year-old guy who's still just a captain :) At least it isn't full of woke trash like most movies out there.