The prequel lightsaber duels are actually the best coreographed ones

because they understood that the blade of a lightsaber has no mass.

in the sequels they swing their lightsabers like fucking zweihanders

discuss

Attached: UHPqTzJ.gif (339x275, 745.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The best lightsaber duel in the entire franchise is Quigon and obi wan vs Maul

>discuss
i really dont fucking care its a movie for kids sorry man i just dont give a shit

The prequel fights are bad but they're just normal movie bad, either no one seems like they're really trying to hurt anyone else in movie choreography like prequel fights, or it's slow retard hammering with foley made by slapping a slab of beef against a drumhead like Indiana Jones punches

based

Attached: 1635067125841.gif (150x200, 1.07M)

the prequel fights they swing to hit each other's blades instead of the person holding it
it's why they are worse than ot

Attached: 1653944618555.gif (459x272, 957.01K)

The best one is Rey vs Kylo in TFA. It doesn't make sense plot wise, but this shit slaps with how raw it is.

Neither of these two should actually wield a lightsaber because they'd fuck themselves up way worse than their enemies.
they should have gone with vibroblades instead and only progress to lightsabers after a long story arc full of training

Ben had some jedi training, he should be able to use a saber in a really basic way, Rey and Finn had no buisness coming out of that fight favourably

the prequel fights are beautiful and i love them, definitely my favorites. i enjoyed the sequel fights for how they look - much more brutal and to the point. just a shame about everything else involving those movies. but the best fight in the series has gotta be Luke vs Vader in Empire. it has the best line in the series
>the force is with you, young skywalker. but you are not a jedi yet.
that perfectly sets up a really fucking freaky fight where luke goes in cocksure but vader is just toying with him the entire time. as the fight goes on, luke is getting sweatier and bloodier and more desperate, but vader shows no signs of fatigue. it's a good build up of tension throughout the fight as you realize that yoda and ben were right, luke is nowhere near ready for vader. only there's no one else coming - luke WAS the backup, arrived to save the day. by the end of the fight, like is openly fleeing from vader, who gets pissed and finishes it instantly when luke finally scores a hit in desperation.

Attached: 1573234325074.gif (480x270, 3M)

Lightsaber fights are less to do with the fight itself and more to do with the internalization of the characters. So, if you've ever said that the fight at the end of A New Hope was the worst one because it had bad fight choreography well, I'm sorry but you've missed the point entirely

>Rey and Finn had no buisness coming out of that fight favourably
that plot armor bullshit is one of the many things that killed the sequels for me.

why george. why.

Attached: 1605586911935.gif (248x264, 1.29M)

I would simply jab him once really fast in the face while he was whipping his lightsaber around like that.

true, second best is vader just fucking shit up in rogue one

In the prequels they swing them like they're toys and in the ot they feel like real swords. But I'll buy that in the Mustafar battle they were swinging that fast because Anakin was high on the dark side and Obi Wan was barely keeping up.

go back

I think people who prefer the prequel lightsaber fights vs. the ones in the original trilogy are people who really are just there for the "whoa" factor. Like yeah, Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul looks cooler than Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader in Episode IV, but the context around the fight is stronger in IV than it is in I.

forgot about all those lightsabers the rebels had in that scene, was such a good duel

Attached: 1616896665959.jpg (654x642, 59.38K)

Also, this is even more true in the original trilogy when you get to Luke vs. Vader. The fight feels more grounded than anything in the prequels.

nothing wrong with that scene, just like there's nothing wrong with luke cutting his way to the bridge at the end of mando s2. i'll never understand why you people get so autistic about those two scenes

if luke only knew that his father was an even bigger bitch than him in his younger days

Attached: 1533496663396.jpg (598x529, 34.09K)

Unpopular opinion but Luke somehow becoming competent and a Jedi between ESB and RotJ makes no sense. He never went back to Yoda to complete his training, there's a missing movie of how Luke became the calm and collected fighter we see in Jedi. It always takes me out of the movie and undermines Empire.

>coreographed

what is the name of this choreography called

Attached: 7f6083czt2m41[1].png (1718x1349, 834.03K)

They weren't supposed to have no mass. Initially Lucas wanted them to feel heavy he just changed his mind about what he understood about the mass of a lightsaber.

Prequel sabers look so cheap

it was 1970 and they didnt know what to do with a weapon concept like that, despite even having the technology to pull off something like we got in the prequels

i thought the rogue one vader scene was gay as fuck but liked youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k which uses "heavy" light sabers

Attached: maxresdefault-2472016723.jpg (1280x720, 94.06K)

its the smug sith technique

dreadful, utterly utterly dreadful

It was 1977. The point I'm making is that the original trilogy always focused on the minute, human aspects of the story rather than the bigger picture, I feel like that is the difference between the OT and the PT.

Attached: 918274.webm (612x344, 2.59M)

So mature and adult like to enter a discussion you have no interest in just to tell everyone you dont care. It definitely doesn't suggest you are both underaged and obsessively compulsed to engage with things because you have no actual interests

he got the physical and mental training regimes from yoda in empire, so he knew how and what to train. nearly dying to vader was the last piece of the puzzle for him because he knew exactly how much stronger he needed to become. i get what you're saying but i don't think it needed much explanation. maybe a blurb in the opening crawl or something

emotionally, yeah. but 16 year old anakin would stomp 18 year old luke

Actually they're shit outside of Episode 1

the anakin vs dooku duels were great

I unironically like this bit of kino

This is dogshit and I hate people bringing it up like it's THE BESTEST EVER

The bluescreen in this scene is dreadful

Attached: Blue.png (1800x753, 1.94M)

at 0:10 you see the very moment dooku realizes "oh shit dat boi outperformed me in no time" and he knows he's fucked

>quality of fight choreography is actually about the context of the fight and not the fight itself

>are actually the best coreographed ones

Attached: 1636205400584.webm (1280x534, 1.28M)

Friendly reminder that Star Wars is made for children, yes even your beloved prequels are made for children. George Lucas has even said this. Inb4 muh politics and lightsaber decapitations. Children's films dealing with adult themes and pg13 violence is not new and does make it adult. Grow. Up.

It's not as bad in the remastered versions. It was cutting edge for it's time.

I always thought that realistic lightsaber combat would look a lot more like modern sports fencing. You have a weightless blade that can pierce through pretty much everything so why waste time swinging it when you can thrust and kill the enemy just the same. Obviously wouldn't be as cool for the movies though.

please link the posts comparing the laser sword movies to fucking dostoyevsky? oh right they don't exist, you blithering nitwit

>Rey and Finn had no buisness coming out of that fight favourably
Except for the whole being 'Kylo was just shot in the sidegut by a wookie bowcaster' thing, you mean.