This made me appreciate the Lynch Dune...

This made me appreciate the Lynch Dune. This is safe and sterile in comparison to the 80s version which although at time incompetent tries to explore the deeper themes and visualise the the world and people in an original way. They took the book and boiled it down to a synopsis and expected the visuals to carry it. The interweaving perspectives, plans and actions of characters is completely lost and it is instead reduced to a series of events. I enjoyed the movie but the world it presents is a far cry from the rich and deep world of the book or even the Lynch film. Maybe the sequels will explore the metaphysical side but i dont think the director can handle it.

Attached: UmGVbv4jut4hQEaZ3A8YJD-1200-80.jpg (913x514, 101.8K)

DUNCaccino was kino. Say hello to my melange blend

The world now is so bland and sterile, every single film looks the same, there's no more color.

Lynch Dune made me feel like I was on spice
Dunc made me feel like I was on ambien

cheeto dust

Is anyone else tired of all these CGI backgrounds? It feels like someone messing about with chroma key at times. Theres a shot of Duncan Idaho in a long corridor thats as blatant as the screen behind a weatherman on tv.

Dune (2021) was visually amazing

>The world now is so bland and sterile, every single film looks the same, there's no more color.

Filters ruined directors. Just wait for The Abyss remaster where Cameron finds a darker shade of blue for the ocean.

I want to see full on psychedelics in the next movie or i will be disappointed. Scenes should mimic the last episode of Evangelion.

>Filters ruined directors
That and digital photography

When is the anime adaption coming?

Hopefully never.

Why did they leave out Paul crying over Jamis death? Or Kynes mystical death? or Shadout Mapes only having one scene? Hawats distrust of Jessica? Why do the make the Duke out to be stupid? The Barons sexual proclivities?

Is there an extended version? It seems a waste to have all these actors together and film extra stuff.

>This is safe and sterile
Also relied way too much on the IMAX cinematography. Less than 1% of viewers will ever experience it in 3 story IMAX with immersive full surround audio. The Lynch version was almost goofy and campy. Had a much more stylized approach to the book.

>the Guild's reliance on melange is the most closely-guarded secret in the universe
>Paul reads it on Wikipedia in the opening 5 minutes
Bravo, Villeneuve.

>The Barons sexual proclivities?
(can't paint the gays in an unflattering light these days fren)

>Winner of Best Original Score at the academy awards

Can Hans Zimmer just fart into a microphone and people will reward him for it? The bagpipes were a great touch tho.

If only.

Attached: Futurelog_137.jpg (5092x6966, 2.47M)

his sketchbook was a lot nicer than the final score in my opinion

Lynch dune
>more dialogue, even embellished on the story to add some lines here and there like Piter's Sappho juice mantra
>character actors who actually try to act
>more effects work
Denis dune
>doesn't bother righting the wrongs
of Lynch's version, almost makes a remake of his movie and not a new attempt from source
>the same stable of actors from your favorite shitty Marvel movies
>somehow some of the effects look worse than 80s technology
>didn't even plan part 2 until after Chinese money told him he could after the movie was released
Denis is a hack

Attached: 1648707537965.jpg (828x999, 77.25K)

>THE SPICE MUST FLOW....ANTA BAKA!

dune would be perfect as anime.