War of the worlds

Is the 2005 version, the best adaptation of War of the Worlds?

Attached: wotw2005.png (2047x1151, 3.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kM0KrEZzCcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Either that or the musical.

ULLA?

I don't remember this scene from the movie.

It's a deleted scene.

Did they only finish one shot or something? There's no footage of it.

Probably just a promotional image thing, the composition here wouldn't even make any sense for a movie.

As someone living in a warzone I can confirm the atmosphere is top notch

loved this movie when I saw it as a kid in the theater. I remember thinking dekota being some annoying little kid, but I am the same age as her.

I tried to watch that french-anglo series
After a meandering slog of 5 episodes they had the attractive 20yo white girl hook up with the suddanese fucking missing link looking nigger illegal immigrant who couldn't even close his mouth properly. Not only was he absolutely hideous and hadn't canonically washed for days before the series even begun, not only had he threatened her(she's blind btw) with a gun making her piss herself from fear, but they wrote it so that SHE came unto him first downright asking him if it's too soon to fuck after billions had just died.

Fucking KIKES
Fucking FROGS
Fucking NIGGERS

Attached: mfw.jpg (400x400, 14.85K)

After watching this movie as a teen I always imagined myself in this situation, sneaking back into an area following a massacre after the tripods moved on, and gathering up all of the panties left behind by vaporized women that I could possibly find. Then after filling up a backpack with them I would hunker down, gather up all the dust retained within these undergarments into a big pile, and then snort it.

Attached: 2005_Tripod_Massacre.jpg (1920x1040, 1.19M)

It has the same texture and lighting as the rest of the film, so Spielberg definitely set it up for filming. Promotional pictures look like this, crisp and bright because they're taken by still cameras.

Attached: waroftheworlds_2005_photo_3.jpg (1920x1080, 603.89K)

Actually, Spielberg said that the deleted scene is 100% complete, and it was cut out just a little bit before the premier, for pacing reasons. The scene itself has never seen the light of day, but we have a description of it, and some people have reconstructed the scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=kM0KrEZzCcU

Is it just me, or does the quality in the one big panning shot, look just a tad bit more grainy or worse, than the rest of the film? I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have watched that shot countless times, and it always feels off. Maybe it's the cgi rain, obscuring the tripods?

>for pacing reasons
Come on. Of all the scenes to cut for pacing reasons, they cut a fully completed tripod scene?

It's comedy kino desu. I want to slap Dakota Fanning for all her hippie shit, I love watching morons run openly through the streets getting shot at by aliums rather than hiding, and I fucking LOVE the fact the alien attack ships change sizes throughout the course of the film. Sometimes they're as big as a building. Sometimes they're about the size of a bus. Sometimes they're the size of a navy ship. It depends on whatever Spielberg is smoking during that particular shooting day.

anons thank you for sharing this picture i had no idea this existed,

>Martians invade
>Somehow martian walkers are already underground

Movie makes absolutely no sense. Did they bury those things down there thousands of years ago to invade... later...!?

Musical was better.

>Green light
>Cylinders
>Tripods
>Thunderchild

Kino.

I just pretend that they beam the entire walkers down to emerge from the ground, not just the pilots.

well the idea was that earth was a back up planet for these beings, at some point long before humanity existed they left all their emergency tripods in here in case something happened and humans just showed up and created civilization in top of it, we dont really know much about these creatures in the 2005 movie and is what it makes so interesting and scary,

By far the best. Very underrated.

If you look at the scene where the first tripod breaks the ground, you can see that the ground is rotating in a perfect circle. I think that implies that it's just not a tripod buried down there, but perhaps a cylinder too. That would explain why nobody found them.

no. here's the list of adaptations in order:

1.) radio broadcast
2.) musical
3.) the hey arnold version of the radio broadcast
4.) the 1953 film
5.) the 2005 film
6.) the 1998 boston radio version

the book mogs them all tho, as we know

LMAO

But user, what about the
>2005 Pendragon pictures movie
>2005 Asylum movie
>War of the worlds the true story
>War of the Worlds Goliath
>BBC War of the Worlds
You forgot those.

The correct answer is the classy 1953 version and it will probably never be topped. Spielberg's movie is quite standard and common for this genre.

Attached: BfgaQR.webm (400x302, 1.55M)

If you were to edit out all the scenes with the annoying fucking children it might be considerably better. Angsty teen boy hating his daddy and screaming psychopath little girl made me root for the aliens.

i liked the british scientist i think he was doing a good job carrying the series, i also enjoyed the beginning when nothing as known about the robotic drones and the special effects for the drones were alright for a low budget series, but man they fucked up badly with the retarded nonsense time travelling avengers bullshit, and yea the nigga and the white woman was their diversity quota (and the french woman and the nafri general)

not worthy of the list, but the asylum sequel is kino. pic related. i'm not even joking.

Attached: WotW2.jpg (267x373, 30.35K)