I don't understand why people idolize Patrick Bateman he's literally a loser. He's a loser in the movie...

I don't understand why people idolize Patrick Bateman he's literally a loser. He's a loser in the movie, he's a loser in the book, he's a loser in his world, he's even a loser amongst his friends. The entire point of the fucking story is he's a loser amongst losers who just daydreams alot but loses his ability to tell his fantasies and reality apart

Attached: l-intro-1650720340.jpg (1600x900, 173.94K)

How can you not understand when you literally typed it out, just now?

Because he’s attractive.

check these, bitches

>just daydreams alot but loses his ability to tell his fantasies and reality apart
no. he killed paul allen

Daniel Plainveiw > patrick bateman

Not as attractive as he imagines himself to be. Given he's more so than the average 4channer but the end shot really shows how creepy, nasty, and crazy he looks to everyone else

Attached: PzPq6Pbn5RqgrWunhEx6rg.jpg (600x350, 20.12K)

Being a loser in 1986 is better than being sucessful in 2022.

because Christian Bale is so handsome and charismatic. he's actually really miscast for the book's depiction of Bateman, but it makes the movie version its own thing.

impressive, very nice. now let's see paul allen's bait post

Attached: bateman.jpg (675x450, 33.3K)

Replace "idolize" with "relate to" and you'll understand why.

What I really don't get is why normies talk about how cool Patrick Bateman and Travis Bickel and Tyler Durden are and idolize how lonely and mentally ill they are but then make jokes about people like the IRL and call them incels.

I see so many people praise these characters ironically and unironically. Audiences love these movies but at the same time male suicide rates are ever increasing, more men are lonelier than ever and we'll get shit like that white male rage skit from SNL. It's confusing

The meme started ironically but led to people who've never even seen the film starting to think it was genuine. Like said too it's not so much idolize but relatability I mean who doesn't fantasize about their perfect reality and it's showing that even the top of society does it too.

Attached: ab67706c0000bebb4c5ce9bc24bb7090567cb851.jpg (487x487, 58.14K)

Maybe if incels were anywhere as good-looking they'd get idolized the same way.

>Rich
>Handsome
>Does a job where he barely puts in any effort

He's doing a lot better than most "losers"

This whole movie is just a handsome actor being forced to say retarded things with weird expressions on his face. Also cartoonish violence/thriller to create something that resembles a plot

Because it's A FUCKING JOKE YOU FUCKING AUTIST DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONY NOBODY THINKS SHOVING A CAT INTO AN ATM IS ALPHA OR SIGMA WHATEVER JESUS ARE YOU THAT BRAINDEAD IS THE HRT TURNING YOUR BRAIN INTO LIKE YOUR BALLS?

>The entire point of the fucking story is he's a loser amongst losers who just daydreams alot but loses his ability to tell his fantasies and reality apart
I think you have the wrong interpretation. He clearly kills some people, otherwise the film is kinda pointless, and he's not the loser in his group since he can tell Van Patten to shut the fuck up and he stays quiet

>The entire point of the fucking story is he's a loser amongst losers who just daydreams alot [sic. You're a retard btw]
Gee whizz I wonder why Any Forums likes him???

To be fair that is extremely faithful to the book. It’s basically weird rants about fashion and vaguely homoerotic gore.

user, it's a meme.
I don't even understand being this stupid and forcing me to type the words explaining to you that no one wants Patrick Bateman's life.
Do you need me to tell you that dub, trips quads and so on have no actual value?

Incels are ugly and nowhere near as charming as these fictional characters. No one likes miserable people especially ‘young white male’ whose only problem in life is that he is a lonely virgin.

You mean but it's genuinely something that's been paradoxical to me. Hollywood makes a character film about a grungy mentally ill loner. Movie gets high reviews and high critical Acclaim audiences flock to it talk about how accurate of a portrayal it is. But there's no conversation about mental health and alternatively we get plenty of people from said audiences engaging in defeatist rhetoric to depressed men and making fun of virginity and incels. Joker was the biggest example of this everybody was worried that the losers were going to rise up, when that didn't happen there was maybe a couple of weeks of mental health discussion. And then SNL releases that white male rage skit which people shat on but still.

I imagine most of them are solid looking guys. It's just that insecurity has crippled them among other problems like not being able to socialize properly. Also it's not like not getting laid is there only problem. That gets interlinked with a lot of other issues as well. The guy can't get laid which means he probably has poor perception of himself which means he has low confidence which would guarantee affect how he makes friends and experiences life. It's all interconnected

>Patrick Bateman and Travis Bickel and Tyler Durde
These are all three very different characters and you lumping them together reveals your small brain
People who (unironically) Bateman are retards, but on this board people like him because he's the dubs guy, kills women and is a funny sociopath
Tyler Durden is a literal polymath bomb maker that's so charismatic he created the largest domestic terrorist cell in America and manages to strike at it's financial institutes lile no one else could. He also looks like Brad Pitt. How is he a loser?

I don't know why you insist he's a loser. The terminology doesn't really fit. By every materialistic metric, Bateman is a winner. He doesn't seem to have a personality beyond comparing what he owns to other people, and he's constantly insecure in that, but so are all of his friends and acquaintances.