Hopes and fears concerning Amazon's upcoming show "The Rings of Power"?

Hopes and fears concerning Amazon's upcoming show "The Rings of Power"?

Attached: arondir.png (1334x2000, 2.4M)

>AYO HOL UP

>nog elf
>single mother elf
im good on this semen slurping show

Fears
>interracial relationships
>weak white male characters
>generic Disney-tier strong black characters
>current woke politics woven in somehow

Hopes
>it’s none of that and just an entertaining fantasy show

Why cant black people exist in worlds with wizards, and demons

IT'S OVER already

Attached: 1653847824658.jpg (1325x786, 339.12K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220213-223359_Gallery_copy_1055x576.jpg (1055x576, 262.63K)

>Fears
Everything
>Hopes
Nothing, it's going to be average in the absolute best case scenario with some forced political pandering.

>single mother elf
She's a human, probably from Harad

Elrond is a homo

>kek screenshotting this to dunk on you later with

Attached: switch soyjak.webm (768x432, 2.22M)

It would be completely pointless given the context of the story, but seeing as they are doing a Dagor Bragollach flashback I hope they spend some of those megabux on showing Glaurung entering the battle and stomping on some elf shits

black people can, black elves can't

There is no hope for this shitshow

Attached: N.jpg (480x374, 50.05K)

Unfathomably based

You realize there is no chance this show won’t feature, whether subtle or blunt, gays, feminism, woke politics, and everything else you just said. This show isn’t made for you all right chuds. This show is made for the ”normie” tv audience, and you’ll either be along for the ride or you’ll just complain online

>hobbit named Elanor Brandyfoot
>Celebrimbor and Isildur living in same years
>Galadriel going to numenor where ar-pharazon rules

Attached: pepekys.jpg (300x300, 42.78K)

Youre a literal faggot if your fantasy includes black people

There is no hope with cast like that.

>Galadriel going to numenor where ar-pharazon rules
I'm not sure whats necessarily wrong with this, I mean it sounds like they have a potentially good drive for that storyline given the inclusion of Finrod and how he links to both Galadriel and Elendil
Anyway Pharizon isn't the ruler, tar-Palantir is but probably going to be old/sick and tar-Miriel does most of the ruling in his stead

Because it's a world based on historical European history, culture, art and mythology. Just because it's fantasy doesn't mean it has no cultural and ethnic roots. Strangely enough, people understand this when it comes to fantasy worlds not based on cultures whose people are white. I wonder why.

White elves are a minority in the world. This makes sense.

Attached: f9e[1].jpg (1024x1024, 48.12K)

that makes sense

>no hope with cast like that.
The cast actually looks pretty good, some great actors too. You are just obsessed with the same 2 or 3 OC characters

Attached: King-Durin-III.jpg (1080x1440, 264.41K)

It's fantasy, so no it's not. Most fantasy itself borrows aspects from many different cultures. Elder Scrolls borrows from nearly every continent on Earth from a multitude of races, and not all of the races in Elder Scrolls look like the cultures they borrowed from. Which is fine because IT'S NOT A DOCUMENTARY AND MADE UP

After how badly they butchered Wheel of Time and they have a talentless writer, there is 0% chance RoP is even decent.

Fears:
>Will be terrible but not bad enough to have normies hate it too.
>Several seasons of fan fiction that is dumb enough to make the hobbit movies look like a work of art.

Hopes:
>Jeff Bezos kills everyone involved in the project and filmed it.

All they had to do to add their precious monkeys was to add swarty human characters from Harad. It was litterally a warzone between Sauron and Numeror, so you could had multiple human black characters
But no, they had to add swarty elves and dwarves, two all white races

Will watch just for the shitposting

there are no black elves in the Tolkien world

There are now whiteboi they have migrated to the white elven lands, historically accurate to boot

They can, but not in ones written specifically without them in it. Game of Thrones has plenty of black people in it, and they're specifically written that way even in the books. LotR is a British mythology, not an African one, and not an American melting pot one, and Tolkien wrote of darker people in foreign lands, not interspersed with everyone in the west. You need to get over that, because they can spend literal billions on this shit and it still won't be legitimate. That's a part of why this fanfic will fail.

Imagine simping this hard for Tolkien's bastardization of European folklore. I hope there are Jewish golems in LOTR even though that folklore was created just a fucking century ago. Fuck modernity.

Tolkien didn't mention the color of their skin. They were purple and green in his imagination for all we know.

>hopes
None. I'm not watching this even if Amazon paid me to.

amazon show =/= Tolkien's canon

I don't give a fuck about Tolkien or his world and fully hope that his shit franchise is destroyed, because LOTR sucks and Star Wars is better

kek very good. it's exactly right.

everytime when color of elven skin is mentioned it is fair

>Tolkien didn't mention the color of their skin.
He said they were pale of skin. Dark skin is not pale.

Hi Jeff.

>and they have a talentless writer

>Gennifer Hutchison is an American television and film writer. She is best known for her work on the television series Breaking Bad. She won two Writers Guild of America Awards for her work on the series
>Bryan Cogman is an American television writer and producer. He wrote eleven episodes of the HBO series Game of Thrones winning Emmys in 2015–2016 and 2018–2019

>Hopes
That it flops
>Fears
That it don't

Wrong, dark people can be pale when they're out of the sun for too long

>seeing as they are doing a Dagor Bragollach flashback I hope they spend some of those megabux on showing Glaurung entering the battle and stomping on some elf shits
this is how they string morons along and get them to watch shitty shows. watch the scene when it goes up on youtube, forget about this embarrassing show other than that.

They can and no one ever said they can't. But they don't exist in *this part of this world*

It's a win/win. If it flops, LOTR is forever destroyed in the media, if it doesn't flop racist will have to deal with a diverse LOTR, it's great

nice try shill

>LotR is a British mythology, not an African one
There is literally an entire landmass of people to the south and east of Mordor that is pretty much not-Africa
These lands are subject to Numenorean colonisation and Saurons acts of corruption during the 2nd age, ending up in a power struggle and the not-Africans caught up in the middle

You simply have to include these lands and people to tell the story of the 2nd age, to say otherwise shows a lack of understand of the events of the 2nd age

Sure, Latinos and the like, not negroes. The negro cannot be pale.

>i dont care
>but you must fantasize about blacks

Good actors are good actors, regardless of whether they are in a tv show that makes you uncontrollably seethe.
Two of the main characters are played by actors who were in The Terror and are top tier classically trained Shakespearean actors.
These people know how to character act

>implying I'm going to subject myself to anti-white propaganda

>forget about this embarrassing show other than that.
Forget about what? Literally not even seen a single scene, kek

Yes they can. Infact not even all blacks have the same skintone retard. There are tribes in africa who even look pseudo asian you dumb slut

Attached: 3543352.png (923x913, 2.01M)

Ok. Thats funny. Still Wish you would reconsider letting non whites playing in your dungeons and dragons with you