Is Dune worth watching?

Randomly started listening to the Dune soundtrack while browsing the web. Should I stick to reading the book or should I give 2021 Dune the benefit of the doubt? I heard mixed reviews, so I thought I might as well post here.

Attached: Dune-Trailer-49147704.jpg (1280x720, 57.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=faHQA_0d9Mo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the book.
And then listen to the 1984 film's soundtrack.

leave both the book, and the movie for when you got nothing good to read, or watch. i would label the movie, the books less so, as ambient entertainment. make of that as you will

Listen to the movie poster.
And then shave your legs.

read the book.
watch Lychees version about 500 times. at least once the 3 hour edit at about 25% speed then watch the Canadians film

Na watch the new Nu Wars series on Disney+ instead

the book is kind of a drag to read it's pretty long winded but you'll understand the movie a lot better than if you just tried watching, I think they plan for it to be three parts too so the first movie doesn't really get around to a lot of stuff that happens. I liked the movie but I wish they got into more of the meat of the story

Book is excellent. Lynch movie is weird but memorable. The new movie is atmospheric but dull and dumbed down for the capeshit audience.

>the 3 hour edit at about 25% speed
Was a bit faster in fact. was a comfy 9 hours interspersed with Ricardo trying to turn you gay randomly.
Shame that place shat the bed years ago

Thanks anons I appreciate it

It's confirmed snorecore with a lazy soundtrack and completely uninspired visuals. All the color and creativity of a cinder block. Watch the 1984 or miniseries instead.

Read the Book then watch the 2021 movie

The book is widely mentioned in literary circles but its imagery and worldbuilding set and example for many future authors. It was also one of the first major space fantasies in fiction with wider appeal.

The story, however, is quite mediocre and has not aged well at all. The movie ends up being better then the original novel because they edited out some of the more cringe moments, and changed pauls personality to be more bearable

the negative reviews are from zoomers with ADD and redditors
it's kino and you should watch it, though it's better if you read the book first

>Watch the 1984 or miniseries instead.
I like both of them. They are very colourful in the portrayal of opulent space aristocracy.

Attached: 1652450826278.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

no its garbage worse than star wars

youtube.com/watch?v=faHQA_0d9Mo

I have your trust

It's one of the best modern examples on how CGI, music and brown color filter can't carry a movie. It's a pg13 snoozefest until the end.

>Is Dune worth watching?
Yes. It's excellent and has peak visual storytelling, with a great sound design. As you'd expect from one of the greatest filmmakers ever. David Lynch fully delivers once again.
Don't confuse Dune for DUNC though. Ther latter is complete and utter shit.

I liked the book, thought the Lynch adaptation was an entertaining mess, and thought the new adaptation was mediocre and forgettable.

I hope you have a good sound setup and a nice kino station with no intrusive light, the closest you get to the cinema experience the more you'll get out of it, it's entrancing

The sudden light changes from dark to bright made me think the director was out to blind us

I enjoyed it, but wouldn't rewatch it. It was OK. If you like sci-fi you'll probably find enough to like about it.