Why has Korean culture become so widespread to the point of taking over pretty much every entertainment spotlight from...

Why has Korean culture become so widespread to the point of taking over pretty much every entertainment spotlight from Japan except for anime?

I have a surprising amount of 20-ish female friends who listen to k-pop, and some who watch k-dramas (which netflix is absolutely full of, and I had no idea until I recently explored a little).

Surely there are reasons for this, but I can't grasp it. Is it because of Japan being so closed to the outside and simultaneously Korea lately being in the forefront of technology and fashion and shit?

Attached: 74n50qhzxay27v1sk022o8971.jpg (652x408, 51.58K)

asian currency crisis, IMF, north and south still divided, etc.

Because they invested heavily in their entertainment industry back in the 2000s. It was a concerted effort to raise Koreas soft power in the world stage.

There were tons of subsidies for the entertainment/music industry and it paid off. But it's actually in heavy decline now as they have basically squeezed every ounce of creativity they possibly had in their industry.

Most young Koreans tend to listen to more normal Korean artists these days.

It's not widespread you dumbfuck
Kpop is for teens and young women

They don't have essence for life

the"Essence" like us
only shallow, material obbsesstions, while we have philosophy.

Attached: 21f673b6-s.jpg (668x891, 177.13K)

where?

in Poland Korea is virtually unknown. Meanwhile Japan is extremely popular to the extent "Japanese studies" is the most popular university major - and "Asian" in Polish generally means "Japanese".

Attached: japonistyka.jpg (618x242, 66.59K)

What about the Chinese?

you guys are 20 years behind everyone else

They have. They have their own philosophy, having been producting lots of philosophical thinkers as Japan has been doing.

But Korea, they don't. they don't have a history of thinkings. they would look like smart cuz they tend to have a high IQ score but it's just for getting a good score on paper test FOR BECOMEING RICH IN SOCIETY

They don't read books, nor try to think over life meanings
still not develped enough when it comes to Human development

Nah, K-pop is widespread, not Korean culture. Not a single K-stan I know is interested with the Bone-Rank system, the Hwarang, the Yangbans, Neo-Confucianism, Kisaeng, or Korean eras like the 3 Kingdoms or Joseon State. At the very least they will be interested with Hanbok or Gook Period Soap Operas, but thats it.

Compare this to Weeabs who after consuming anime will look into about Japanese history & culture.

Attached: hanbok.jpg (403x600, 24.37K)

kpop isn't popular here either

Japs make games too

Just like how Anime came to the West a good 20 years after it did here, you eventually will.

He's not wrong the whole Kpop thing is mostly big an Asian countries. Here we consume to many American pop stars to notice Korean ones, and even leafs who end up with American labels ( justin Bieber, drake, the weekend, Shawn Mendes, etc)

Attached: BtsRank.png (818x413, 20.88K)

it hasn't really come to denmark outside of dragonball and pokemon.

What you have seen today is just result of hard work from their governments since 96. At the time their government saw money that jurassic park make world wide from only one movies was more than their country got from sales car. So they decide to push their entertainment industry to be soft power.
Their government put billion to invest and subsidizing k-pop and k-dram industry like this guy said but they also create environment such as system to make idol, schools for learning movies and music production
Not only that their government help and give money to promote music and movies to worldwide. around 2008-10 their governments hire our TV station to make TV show about K-pop music variety program to broadcast in my country every weeks. I learned from producer who make this program later that SK government hire directly them to make this shit not even a media companies. .

Its kinda scary how their Ministry of Culture acts like a Commie-tier propaganda machine.

reject BTS, embrace BLACKPINK

Attached: FTrXRNEUAAIAuA2.jpg (832x818, 124.73K)

whats this blatantly propaganda-ish shitpost. idk why you desperately want to be so relevant in the globohomo/sjw nigger ridden western market. utterly different way of thinking to japanese.

i hate most western niggers. they only censor our media like chinks out of some fucking shitty inferiority complex

There has been an ever growing culture vacuum in the world since Western culture has descended into wokeness, and since they try to eradicate any media that's not political and doesn't fit the narrative.
The rest of the world is not interested in American politics.
Most were not interested in hiphop either, music is needed.

The Koreans entertain. They give people what people want. They show pretty girls, while the west wants to show abominations down your throat, and tries to guilt trip you if you don't like it.

Attached: cat reaching gif.gif (498x460, 3.24M)

They are right. Plus, now what goverment has been doing is trying to make use of foreign influencers and foreign students living in Korea
They appoint those forigners as ambosserders and ask them to promote Korean tourism and Korean culture by subsidies.

As the first person say, now it's in a huge decline and Kpop and Korea's popurality(soft power) is declining obviously but they are now trying to postpone themselves like life-support treatment.

Attached: 1659145022813404.jpg (1440x1440, 258.68K)

doesn't seem to be the case here