Red letter media is very lucky that they're so beloved and liked and got in very early on...

Red letter media is very lucky that they're so beloved and liked and got in very early on. I couldn't imagine being some random mid to late 20 something deciding one day to go review movies when YouTube is oversaturated with it already.

Attached: RLM-featured-e1573489593477.jpg (640x417, 71.11K)

The difference is Mike and the gang grew up being interested in filmmaking and were making amateur movies together since they were kids. Most people who try to start a youtube channel barely have any experience with a camera.

I mean I guess that's probably true but zoomers have been growing up with social media all their lives they know how it's supposed to look and they can just copy each other verbatim. Even then Mike Jay and them don't do any like serious technical camera work most of their humor comes from their skits and pseudo acting abilities. I think what's interesting about them is that the way they style their videos makes it look almost achievable to the average person. If you look at a half in the bag video. It's usually like a skit or whatever and then intercut trailer footage and then Mike and Jay going to movie discussion and just kind of whatever sort of rambly thoughts they have about it but it seems to be kind of focused Mike will make a joke in between and Jay will laugh and then ultimately closes off with the skit. Looks easy but it's hard to make good which is why nostalgia critic is so bad at it

that doesn't make any difference. they're just as full of shit as any other YT critic. When it comes to the technical details they're significantly worse than channels like Corridor Crew who have collective decades of experience working with major studios.

the ship is going to sink soon, jay literally had another meltdown on twitter (deleted again, of course) and mike supposedly has been not talking to rich since the argument.

Making terrible movies and never improving, what an accomplishment

their silence is deafening

You got a problem with that, faggot?

Attached: jorge.jpg (839x1200, 94.78K)

I wonder how much they hate that they could not actually make a legitimate movie, especially Jay.

It comes down to them being likable people. They're fun to watch, they have good chemistry together, a good sense of humour, theyre not political, and they have knowledge and experience in movie making which helps elevate their opinions more than the bland youtubers you've never done anything but consoom.

Are those fuckers hanging with McKulley Culkin?

smug gen x ethos

Who?

>McKulley

Their appeal is that their banter is actually banter rather than scripted horseshit. I don't think youtubers realize it but 95% of them are not funny and their "jokes" are shit.

This. They suck as filmmakers, that's why they're critics. Critics are always the saddest losers because they wish they were the ones actually making the things they nitpick over. They are talentless hacks, and I don't say that in a "le epic ironic rlm reddit xd" way. Space cop is fucking garbage.

Yet you’re also being a critic with this post. Interesting.

>bland youtubers you've never done anything but consoom.
angry joe would fall into this category.

>I DON'T LIKE THING, LET ME SAY THAT LOUDLY AND IN AN EXAGGERATED VOICE WHILE SPRINKLING "FUCK" IN RANDOMLY BECAUSE BAD LANGUAGE = FUNNY

I'm not trying to make a living out of it. I'm also not an aspiring filmmaker who fails at it and then proceeds to criticize other people's work. Look at music critics, also mostly failed musicians. It's a common thing.

Being likable really isn't enough though. You could grab a friend and have great chemistry but you could also circle the bottom of irrelevancy for the rest of your YouTube channels life. Besides they didn't really adopt that whole persona of just casual milwaukeeans until I think a little bit later in their YouTube channels life didn't they? Them having a pretty good knowledge on movies helps but anybody with enough time and dedication can learn how to review shit properly since ultimately a review is your home well substantiated thoughts on a film. It's not easy but it's doable

space cop literally destroyed everyone's filmmaking ambition, it was jay he took the entire thing seriously until rich and mike made it a shitshow. supposedly mike even brought jessi onto the set which led to a fight and short falling out with rich. that's why he's not in the later half of the film.

So you’re just a nobody that whines on Any Forums about people more successful than you?

See Jesus Christ did that actually happen?

That's literally the entire point of this whole image board. We are on a board dedicated to talking about television and films and the occasional movie reviewer. We're all socially outcasted enough that we were able to fine-tune our autism about movies and television and to having good nuanced conversations. The rest of the people here are just schizos and places like Twitter and Reddit only sometimes engage in that kind of dialogue but it's much more amorphous over there where here it's more streamlined