Favourite Harry Potter criticism/problem/plot hole?

For starters: how the hell is wizards' economy supposed to work? You can conjure items out of thin air (with some exceptions that aren't even clear) so why are there even such big economic differences between wizards? And why do they allow big nosed, unpleasant, inhuman creatures to control the banking system? We would certainly not allow such thing in the real world!

Attached: voldy2-531776869.jpg (640x360, 159.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R6LkIcMB3oY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GUNS

No sweet, sweet gay wand fucking between Dumby and Harry.

Can you just imagine having unlimited access to love potions and the Imperious curse? I'd be surrounded by a harem of young pussy, every day.

Time travel. Introduced as a gimmick in ook 3 to be never used again later on.

>unlimited access to love potions
Yeah, fucking rape drugs are perfectly legal in this world.
JKR even realised she fucked up and destroyed all time turners in OOTP.

*book

Wonder if they have wand school shooting in the USA.

This little gem from Hermione in The Deathly Hallows:
>“It's impossible to make good food out of nothing! You can Summon it if you know where it is, you can transform it, you can increase the quantity if you've already got some.”
A few criticisms:
1. why does magic have some exception for food, of all things?
2. how much do you need to have to "already have some"? why not just carry around crumbs and turn them into bread?
3. they can create water, how are drinks really that different from "food"?
I'm pretty sure JKR just stuck this in as Deus Ex Machina so the gang couldn't just magic themselves a cozy existence in the woods.

>why does magic have some exception for food
Why not? My problem is that there aren't enough exceptions.
>how much do you need to have to "already have some"? why not just carry around crumbs and turn them into bread?
Yeah, that's an example of rules not being clear.
>how are drinks really that different from "food"
Better questions: they can conjure animals, how is that different from food?

>they can conjure animals
Oh I didn't even know that, that makes it even more ridiculous.

Maybe those animals aren't really made from flesh and/or disappear after some time but it's just my guessing game.

How are the Weasley's "poor" in any meaningful sense when magic can do basically anything?

Deh!

nobody thought to just kill voldemort
>he can't die
he died before. his spirit will live on in the horcruxes true. but no one knows about them so theyll all think hes dead and his supporters will scatter like old times. then you can hunt the horcruxes in peace
>well how would we kill him
see >buy sniper rifle
>enchant with utter silence and so that it always hits its mark
>invisibility cloak gilly suit
>put harry in open field
>call voldemort with magic taboo word of whatever
>he teleports in
>bobs your uncle, invisible/completely silent 50 cal round to the brain

Because Mr Weasley kept putting his wand in Molly's ginger pussy and producing more and more kids.
Still, most of those kids are in Hogwarts for nearly whole year, eating and sleeping there.
>nobody thought to just kill voldemort
Probably they did but no one was able to do so. As for the sniper rifle, wizards are hopelessly ignorant about this.

> You can't conjure edible foods from anything, it's teleported from somewhere
> Multiple uses of copying spells

> Weasley's being poor when your literally fucking magic you can create a valuable business easily

> Time travel is brought up
> Never used again until a shit fanfiction play is made after the books end

> Massive murderous sentient tree is on school grounds
> Massive murderous snake is on school grounds
> Massive murderous spider is on school grounds
> Murderous ghosts are on school grounds
> > Murderous fucking stairs are on school grounds

> Magic is hereditary yet spontaneously appears in muggle families
> No lore on the origins of magic, no lore on how it intrinsically works
> Earliest info we have is some bullshit about Death himself and namedropping Merlin.

harry and hermione know about guns they grew up with muggles
they could literally use magic to "borrow" one from a gunstore and bam there we go

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 6.30.11 PM.png (711x413, 475.7K)

link me i cant find deh

>Deh!
youtube.com/watch?v=R6LkIcMB3oY

Many people grew up with muggles, they still did nothing. And it's not easy to get close to Voldy anyway. Besides, are there even gunstores in bongland?
>Massive murderous X is on school grounds
Well, they just don't give a shit about safety.
>No lore on the origins of magic, no lore on how it intrinsically works
I think it's just because it started as a lighthearted story and it was not supposed to be explained in detail. Still, I would have put it in different words but yet, it is the biggest general problem with the series.

Not even a pothole, why can't they conjure up a small piece of aerodynamic metal, wingardium leviosa it, then reverse accio it at supersonic speeds towards a target?

Because they have AK so they don't need to be actually creative with their spells.

Harry having is 4 grandparents dead while it's later revealed common for wizards to live beyond 100.

Maybe Voldy killed them first.
>it's later revealed common for wizards to live beyond 100
Is it said in the books? I thought it's one of JKR's later additions.

Right but that's not really relevant at all to my point. I was saying how wizards not using guns isn't an oversight when you can use a wand to basically do what a gun does.

>I was saying how wizards not using guns isn't an oversight when you can use a wand to basically do what a gun does
Still: 1. Using guns just would be easier. 2. They either don't know anything about them or don't see any reasons to use them.

Dumbledore, Grindenwald, Dumbledore's brother, Dumbledore's school friend, Dumbledore's historian neighbour, Ron's great-great-great-aunt... by the 6th or 7th book they all are 100 years older than Harry. So yes it must be common for the average wizard.

the first book was for young children. really there was no way to turn that into a universe that made sense

Ok. Still, Harry's grandparents could have just dies earlier from some different causes.

There is this fanfic that I read a long time ago where they abuse the taboo thing, pretty much they gang up in groups of like 20 dude, someone says voldemort and when his death eaters pop up they just stun/kill them.

This trace thing is retarded too.
Still, it could have made more sense than it does now. My main problem is that there are many things which could be at least addressed with one line but JKR doesn't do that.