This is everything

This is everything

Attached: 5AEED029-5C7C-41F2-84ED-BCF0A0296456.jpg (3300x1736, 577.57K)

The totoro one is cute. The other two, not so much.

>implying a Totoro pop wouldn't have black, soulless eyes like every other pop

>No bitches?

Attached: image_2022-05-27_113840232.png (211x226, 55.25K)

these things are so awful why won't they go away

I don't know which are more retarded, Funko or Lego.

He'd have a heart attack seeing himself as an american consumer product

Attached: 1648825280787.webm (448x320, 2.95M)

Attached: CzOMrnMWgAEpfDn.jpg (1024x577, 68.52K)

Wait a minute I thought miyazaki hated merchandise. How do these even exist?

Funko obviously.
At least with Lego you can use it to create original creations — not to mention it's designed as a toy first (heck, the boxes are designed to be thrown away once opened).
Whereas Funko pops are designed to be the new beanie-baby collectors item, intended to be mass produced as cheaply as possible with artificial scarcity.

this webm gives me a throbbing american freedom boner everytime I see it, god bless.

>not even special or limited editions
what a waste. not worth anything.

trick question; the answer is you, user

Reminder that the Miyazaki family got rich building tail sections for the Zero and the family evacuated Tokyo by car while most people fled on foot with their siblings and affects on their backs

Why does /toy/ hate these toys?

I'm not even American but I feel pride everytime I see this

I don't frequent /toy/ but I think I know the answer
They're basically statues with no play value, ugly ones too.
Stores that used to stock various pop culture collectibles replaced their entire stock with nothing but funkos.

Greenlighting this feels out-of-character for Miyazaki.

Attached: anime was a mistake.gif (341x191, 1.98M)

>Stores that used to stock various pop culture collectibles replaced their entire stock with nothing but funkos.
Noticed this myself yesterday. Walked into a brick-and-mortar nerd store in my city and literally one half of the floor space was devoted to these things. Fucking nuts.

Wait Any Forums has a toy board? Who the fuck plays with toys?

theyre not even good theyre look boring and stiffer than a corpse
i have gundams that i can pose and one changes into a weird ship (never watched it just like big robots and transformers)
my grandmother got me one for christmas once and i had to smile but i was more annoyed she wasted £12 on it
id rather have had the money but the thought that counts

They're not toys.
The whole purpose is to be a product that people buy because they think it's going to become valuable in the future.
People cling to the idea of owning the new #1 Action Comics or whatever bullshit, and companies know this, so they sell all these 'collectors' items with intentional artificial scarcity.
They don't even have the decency to make a product that has some functionality, it's literally just a template model, with bits that reference an intellectual property, costs next to nothing to make as a way of reeling in the next schmuck.
They're basically physical bored ape NFTs.

funko pops are materialistic garbage for materialistic garbage people.

>custom

OMG IS THAT A HAYOLO MACARONI FUNKO POP I'M GOING INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

Attached: 1643835060388.jpg (656x748, 33.43K)

Certain ones have increased in value and the sad cunts that collect these pay through the nose for a shitty vinyl figure of golden Stan Lee because he's dead now

>popvinyl
For real? Nothing says "mindless consumer sheep" like that shit