Carpenter: "I think the night that got me was David Cronenberg showed up and he's an old friend of mine...

>Carpenter: "I think the night that got me was David Cronenberg showed up and he's an old friend of mine. And unfortunately, he takes himself so seriously these days. He's an artist now. And literally he was holding court in the middle of the room so I came over to talk to him. And he didn't even look at me. And I thought: "This is enough of this. Forget it. Goodbye." I walked out. I don't need this anymore. And you know, fine, Eli Roth and his Hollywood hair, let him rule now. Darren Aronofsky, [who] secretly I think hates horror films. Let the geniuses go, let them go. Let them be geniuses. I'll stay home."
>Interviewer: "[And] play Xbox?"
>Carpenter: "Hell yeah!"

Attached: carpenter.jpg (667x1000, 298.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l-DJtmE9gvQ?t=1367
youtu.be/l-DJtmE9gvQ?t=1328
youtu.be/3RvDWaHo8Vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source?

>carpenter’s an xbox fanboy
horror gamers rize UP!

Nothing he said is wrong.

He's always been based and he's always been a true artist.

youtu.be/l-DJtmE9gvQ?t=1367

Carpenter is the closest thing to a normal person among film directors. He just tweets about basketball and video games
he’s both Xbox and PS, he talks about ps exclusives sometimes

youtu.be/l-DJtmE9gvQ?t=1328

music > film

Carpenter is an artist and is responsible for some of the best film music ever written.

youtu.be/3RvDWaHo8Vs
Prince of Darkness soundtrack is my favourite. Although the film isn't nearly his best.

I don't understand that. Why didn't Cronenberg want to talk to Carpenter? Maybe he really just didn't recognize him?

>David Cronenberg
>Eli Roth
>Darren Aronofsky
You won't guess what these 3 have in common

How did I not know he was so based as an artist and as an individual.

virulent antisemitism

>offended like a little girl that he was not recognized.
>OH NO I'M GONNA STOP MAKING MOVIES NOW!

>8888
Neonazibros... is Carpenter /ourguy/??

>stops working for ungrateful faggots
Stop it, I can only handle so much basedness

Doubt it as he has looked pretty much the same for 40 years

You know how canadians are. Make it big and they drop the fake nice act and give in the seething inferiority complex in their guts

little known fact, he got his nickname first as the Carpenter of Württemberg during ww2, don't ask about the details...

T B H Cronenberg has maybe been more prolific across multiple decades, but Carpenter's films have infinitely more soul.

Attached: 090889898912.png (1200x676, 1.73M)

I'm sorry but Cronenberg is in the right here. When you are in these fields, you should be grinding at all times to stay on the sharp cutting edge of your craft. Carpenter gave in to his pothead ways, got lazy, stopped evolving and learning and exerting. And that just doesn't cut it in these fields. Your social recognition is proportionate to your advancement of the craft. Laziness does not deserve recognition. Cronenberg was right to snub him. A real man would have taken his feeling of hurt and shame as a natural consequence of his failings, would have gone away and applied effort and got better and produced something of value to the world, would have worked to be recognised again. Instead Carpenter went away and smoked pot. The moral of the story: don't play with the big boys if you're a little sissy.

That's no reason to treat a friend poorly, though you could say Cronenberg wasn't as good a friend as Carpenter thought.

Forgot pic

Attached: self improvement.jpg (480x600, 59.59K)