MANIC PIXIE DREAM GRILS

Are MPDGs an authentic artistic expression of young male romance and misplaced desire for female idealization, or a tired screenwriting trope that negates character agency and relates women (and the actresses that play them) to an unfulfilling one-dimensional stereotype?

Attached: DAB5B965-0BC2-4BA4-A2E2-E6292128ACBC.jpg (728x454, 259.02K)

zooey deschanel is hot. stop making this thread

They’re a vessel for burning coal and making Any Forums seethe.

i feel horny now, thanks retard

They are a normal thing for a man to want. Women are offended by them because they suggest that women should be kind.

I don't know what you mean by this

Attached: garden_state.jpg (900x600, 135.92K)

why are women allowed their silly romantic fantasies (twilight, 50 shades), but men are not? the manic pixie dream girl should be considered a fine and legitimate male romance fantasy, not something harmful

sir this is a shitposting forum, we don't have time for deconstruction of character profiles

It's just a label for mentally ill bipolar girls in their mania phase. Other girls hate them because they literally cannot compete with that level of crazy. Women hate each other in general, but the jealousy against manic girls is somewhat warranted because they have inhuman levels of horniness and homewrecking potential. The drawback is they rarely care for themselves. They need to be taken care of like an infant which can be draining. Literally made for hit and quit.

Garden State, more like State of Israel.

define MPDG

MPGD THUNDERDOME.

Two irrepressible quirky sexually desirable yet unattainable women enter, only one leave to break your heart. (They’re good friends anyways, so whatver you decide doesn’t matter and they’ll work it out in their own…)

Attached: 08EC404C-E23F-4017-8734-9B99859D5CC8.jpg (627x387, 41.71K)

should I take a hot bath /tv? im having a slight fever and that hot comfy shower would do me great, but im also having diarrhea and I don/t want to shit on the wrong hole

Attached: Jordan_Peterson_June_2018.jpg (1692x2374, 385.99K)

>twilight, 50 shades
>physical abuse roleplay and being fawned over by attractive men
>fine

>manic pixie dream girl
>funny girl who you want to hang out with
>bad

No, this is perfectly logical from a woman's perspective. They should be pawwed at by good looking guys at all times, but men shouldn't be allowed to hang out with a woman more interesting than they are. The MPDG is almost never about sex either, it's more like a fembro who you could fall in love with someday.

dont care,I just want to watch cute retarded girls

Attached: 1476332656971.webm (1000x424, 2.98M)

They're basically just the prince charming fantasy, but for men. Only difference is instead of saving you from a dragon, they save you from yourself.

Attached: mario lounge.png (196x197, 33.6K)

I dont get this at all.
I will say though that MPDGs are exactly what their name represents- Dream girls. More specifically, the dream girls of bookish writers who are writing a screenplay thats a self-insert fantasy where the dorky main character lucks upon meeting a chick who is beautiful and le quirky personality and is, most importantly, attainable as a gf.

It can be either, both or neither depending on the execution.

>The MPDG is almost never about sex either, it's more like a fembro who you could fall in love with someday.
I thought the whole point was the MPDG was supposed to gloss over all your flaws and form attachment to some loser MC for no apparent reason
isn't the complaint that they have no agency/purpose other than facilitating the male lead's growth?

THIS, she is all woman

Attached: Jan-08-FOX-All-Star-Party-zooey-deschanel-28361196-1550-2560.jpg (1550x2560, 580.29K)

She used to be.

Its more that women want to be unique and different. At least I did.

Made more sense 15 years ago. No sane male would lust over today's manic bluehaired batshit intersectional wokie womyn.

I think women hated how beautiful she was. Its too much to keep up with. A plain girl who is unique is better.

Plus only white girls can be the pixie girl so theres that