Before 1920, Florida was defined the northern 25% of the state's area, which was a rural...

Before 1920, Florida was defined the northern 25% of the state's area, which was a rural, agrarian appendage of the Deep South. The rest of the state was practically uninhabited. There was a real estate boom that kick-started Miami in the 1920s but, the lower 3/4ths of the state was still pretty much an empty swamp until after WWII.

In the early 1950s, pesticides and air conditioning had become mainstream, so the area could be livable. Postwar prosperity, car culture, and programs that helped veterans buy homes opened Florida to newcomers. Cheap land in a business-friendly state was bought up by the tourism/hospitality industry, plus the federal government began setting aside land for environmental and historical conservation. By the 1980s, Florida was synonymous with family vacations, and countless Americans had packed into their cars, headed down I-95 or I-75 to Disney World, Sea World, an all-inclusive resort, the beach condo, the golf resort...But they never stayed. Popular culture depicted Florida as a lawless dump filled with hostile rednecks, organized crime, relocated sex offenders, and scam artists. youtube.com/watch?v=mYOTGCpgO7o

People still fell in love with the weather and landscape, and real estate bubble after real estate bubble kept leaving Florida with a greater number of residents and businesses. Perhaps it was the collapse of the industrial North and/or the national malaise in coastal cities, but sometime in the 2010s, Florida was legitimized in the eyes of most young people. To this day, out-of-touch boomers still view it as sketchy and backwards, but it is more commonly seen now as one of the most dynamic and desirable places in the US.

Attached: Florida_topographic_map-en.svg.png (390x379, 147.88K)

>one of the most dynamic and desirable places in the US
Lmao! In your dreams

>a lawless dump filled with hostile rednecks, organized crime, relocated sex offenders, and scam artists.
but thats exactly what florida is
t. LEE COUNTY

Attached: everglades.jpg (800x598, 117.2K)

Florida is kino. the swamps and the exotic animals

it's a relative term. if florida isn't considered among the most dynamic and desirable place in the US, who is in the tier above them?

Coasts, maybe Colorado

that's just your head canon. California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts not only had population growth below the national average last census, but they've all actually had NEGATIVE population growth in 2021 and 2022.

And nobody even thinks about colorado.

New Yorkers and other northerners love to talk shit about Florida, but those same assholes keep moving down here and being the retards they are, don't see the irony.

GO THE FUCK BACK UP NORTH IF YOU HATE FLORIDA SO MUCH

I love it here and would never live anywhere else

t.Florida native sick of their shit

Attached: 51_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg (300x300, 12.31K)

So you have more poor people who couldn’t afford the aforementioned places? Why so heckin dynamic!

please don't be rude to us. the ones who move to florida are moving because we want to get away from the marxist nonsense.

what specifically do people from northeast do that piss you off so much?

this doesn't make any sense

Yeah that was pretty nuts when NY seized all private means of production and collectivized all agricultural land

breadtube fans OUT

My parents' home in South Florida went from 600k in 2000 to 3.5m in 2022

Wtf I love Florida now

My rent went from 850 a month to 1350 in a year due to the constant flow of Yankees moving here.

Attached: AB58BA3C-2746-4129-B27A-120B8A208457.jpg (600x800, 81.13K)

>850 a month
if you're rent is this low then why the fuck haven't you saved up to buy something yet?

I was a college student and wages here are really low compared to other places

ok but you were in college. that doesn't really count. can you afford rent/mortgage payments now?

>what specifically do people from northeast do that piss you off so much?
Exist

>The weather sucks
>No train, have to drive everywhere
>Rains all the time
>Too humid
>Too many rednecks/trailer parks
>New York is the greatest place ever

These are the types of comments we hear all fuckin day from New Yorkers. Why is NY so based (according to you) and yet you leave?

What kind of retards know about our weather and everything else and still choose to move here?

reddit comment
i have a difficult time believing that you hear that all the time from people who have moved down to florida. from dads who are visiting old people or on family vacation? sure, absolutely.

but i agree, those are all dumb comments if you fucking moved to florida. (except the piece about rednecks and trailer parks. that's a legit drawback).