Why Stannis didnt wait for Renly to occupy KL and destroy the Lannisters with his overwelming forces to kill him with...

Why Stannis didnt wait for Renly to occupy KL and destroy the Lannisters with his overwelming forces to kill him with the shadow ghost?
With him dead and Stannis as his last brother alive, There wouldnt be any other candidate for the throne.

Attached: Penetrated by BBC.jpg (600x338, 30.9K)

Because then the Tyrells would just take the throne for 'Renly's son'. Who cares about succession laws when you have the capital and the power to hold it?
But I think mainly it was pride.

He would had occupied KS within 2-3 months at best, and we know he and Margaery likely never consumed the marriage
Even if she get knocked up by someone else after Renly's death, it would take at least three months to prove she was pregnant in the best scenario. How are they gonna stop Stannis from taking the throne by right in the meantime?
They cant really use the "right of conquest" card if officially it was Renly who conquered the throne

Who was going to argue with them? They had the power, they were the law. It wasn't like the Tyrell's bannermen would just go 'welp we don't have the right anymore, better go home'. They would be already there, they would already have the throne, no sense in going home empty handed by then.

gurm will never finish the books.
there will also come a time when the majority of asoiaf fans realize that (whether from leaked time line or another author finishing the work) that asoiaf is really just generic fantasy with schlocky king-esque gratuitous violence and sex.
there is nothing unique or inherently poignant about the work and it mostly rips off a french authors work about the war of the roses, itself a compilation of political intrigue ripped from the annals of history, itself... mostly fictional.
the second hand embarrassment i feel for asoiaf fans is truly monumental - something they'll all collectively forgot. like how the world forgot about kony. or tibet.

KONY 2012
KONY 2012

They wouldnt had any legitimacy. The rest of Westeros would had just balkanized
>Robbs keeps his King in the North stunt
>Greyjoys keep their chimping out
>Lannisters will refuse to recognize them for overtrowing Joff. Tywin will likely crown himself King of the Rock
>With Renly's death most of the Stormlanders will still switch side to the last Baratheon, Stannis. And some powerfull reachmen houses like the Florent and the Fossoways proved to be more loyal to him than to the Tyrells

Seems like way too much for the Tyrells to chew. They were always a house based on soft power and alliances, not warmongering

not him but the tyrells didn't have a strong army and all of their forces would be battered and an easy target after taking down the lannisters. king's landing would still be reeling after a siege and ripe for capture

Stannis was already low on legitimacy. If he simply usurped someone else who conquered the Lannisters, no one would follow him.

It was already happening even if they kept the throne or not. And again, it would be very easy to make up some 'son' for Renly.

They had the biggest army iirc. I'm not arguing Stannis wouldn't try to take them on King's Landing, I'm saying it probably wouldn't change much.

he was low on popularity, not legitimacy

>Usurped
By all laws he was Renly's heir if he took the Throne

The gigabrain strategy would had been to bend the knee for Renly in exchange for Storm's End, taking KL together, and then murder him with the shadow clone and find some notorious Lannister servant to take the fault. Throne assumed and Tyrells wouldnt had any way to oppose it
(i know this route is impossible because of Stannis autism regarding laws)

>And again, it would be very easy to make up some 'son' for Renly.
Only works if Margaery was already pregnant before the taking of the City. If this wasnt the case, they would had to pretend she was pregnant, and force her to gangbang with dozens of men every day until one finally actually knock her up

He was also low on legitimacy. No one really believed the stuff about Cersei's children.

I'm pretty sure they did, it was sent to everyone by the most honourable man in all of westeros

>If this wasnt the case, they would had to pretend she was pregnant, and force her to gangbang with dozens of men every day until one finally actually knock her up
As I said, very easy.

People who had advantages in believe the claim believed it, those who had nothing to gain or something to lose rejected it. Honor has nothing to do with it.

I kek at the idea of Mace, Olenna and Margery's brothers sending dozens of men in her room to be breeded. Especially because i can see them doing so unironically

It's not like Magery didn't enjoy some good ol cock to begin with.

I'm not talking about who gave it legitimacy because of politics, I'm talking about those who personally believed it to be true. the tyrells knew that joffrey was illegitimate for example

Why do you still care about this tv show

She would do anything and fuck everyone and anybody to becoming queen. Even dogs likely