Which one should I watch? I am currently reading the books for the first time and plan to watch a movie after...

Which one should I watch? I am currently reading the books for the first time and plan to watch a movie after, which of these is better, 1984 version or todays version?

Attached: dune.png (760x425, 398.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=faHQA_0d9Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1984 version is more interesting

1984 is pure ASMR bliss
2021 is actual watchable kino

Watch 1984 ver now and watch the new version in about 6 months. Do not watch them close to each other.

1984 theatrical release is the optimal version of the story given its many flaws. watch the 90s TV show if you want a more accurate-to-the-books completist version. new version has the positives of neither.

The 2000 mini series>Dune 2021>Dune1984

1984, the new one is pozzed trash.

1984 version is a mindfuck if you've read the book

OP here, thanks lads. I plan to read up to god emperor maybe and then 1984 and then 2021

>Watch 1984 ver now and watch the new version in about 6 months. Do not watch them close to each other.
This. The new dune movie will also have a part2, so theres no rush to watch it now.
Also, theres extended fan edits that make it more bearable, I think this one is it
youtube.com/watch?v=faHQA_0d9Mo

You should watch the miniseries

I found Denis Villeneuve's version of Dune to be more entertaining overall. That doesn't really mean it's a better film, especially since it stays away from the Arabic that is used in the books, and the cast is not nearly as attractive as the 1984 version. David Lynch's film also tells a more complete story, but like I said, it's not as entertaining and the world building along with visuals in Denis Villeneuve's iteration of the book is superior. Had the newer version of Dune used Arabic, cast more attractive people, and avoid 2-3 minute shots of Chani looking at piles of sand throughout the film it could have been perfect for me.

>the world building along with visuals in Denis Villeneuve's iteration of the book is superior.
Oh come on, the harkonens and their buildings, attire and etc in 1984 looked great. The way the spice merchants were portrayed also.
If one thing 1984 has, its that after reading the book and seeing the world portrayed in that movie is a great experience.

There's many books, does the 1984 version cover the first one only, like modern Dunc?

The 1984 film changed some things. It's not better because it's more accurate, it's better because it's super weird and dreamy. The world is strange and lived in, unlike the sterile and cold 2021 film.

>avoid 2-3 minute shots of Chani looking at piles of sand throughout the film
This is the lamest criticism of the movie I can think of - it definitely has its flaws, but Chani barely appeared in it and the premonitions that did appear were just as they should be and mirrored the book closely

This

Attached: Baron Harkonnen.jpg (736x511, 50.28K)

The new dune is more faithful in a lot of ways but also by the numbers modern adaptation and fairly flat overall.

84 dune is an interesting memorable mess that sticks with you even if it was ultimately a failure.

but you are faggot and will watch both

BARON
VLADIMIR
HARKONNEN

Attached: 62793ce5f1e20020534081.gif (676x377, 2.34M)

Yeah how dare he watch both to form his own opinion, he should just be a contrarian and agree with other faggots here to fit in

>(16)
Faggot

>interesting memorable mess

it makes more sense than Frank Herbert's book because it omits his incoherent worldbuilding.

in the 80s people were totally new to proper fantasy and so just giving stuff weird names made them completely chimp out. the plot is incredibly simple and easy to follow.

The new one.
If you watch 1984 be sure you watch the redux fan montage

>The new dune movie will also have a part2, so theres no rush to watch it now

That's horrible

Good idea.
You can watch Lynch's dune right after the first book, but knowing the full Paul trilogy makes the 2021 dunc better.

Attached: spis beans.jpg (646x680, 156.44K)

The old one is bad, but interesting. The new one is good but boring.

Lynch's Dune is a trip.