I am from Arizona. Ask me about the desert

I am from Arizona. Ask me about the desert.

Attached: z6snck1udwmdqnyco8sa.jpg (1044x681, 313.96K)

What is your opinion on Moses?

Have you ever seen a saguaro cactus irl? What's the tallest you've seen

I heard that the weather there is kinda nice.

how cold does it get at night?

What's the desert like? t. never having been to a desert noob

Have you encountered other people escaping from the border patrol?

probably his tio and primos

Moses was a cool guy
The tallest saguaro I've seen was about 40-50 feet and it was in someone's yard. They're a very popular lawn plant here.
For most of the year it's pretty good but April, July, and August usually have a couple weeks where it is too hot to got outside. Past 110 degrees (about 45c) it takes less than an hour to overheat in direct sunlight.
During the hottest months it stays over 100 (about 40c) at night, in the coldest months it gets down to the 50s (10c).
It's neat. You can see for miles because there's no huge trees in the way.
I met someone who's whole job was looking for beans dying in the desert after being ditched by coyotes.

>40-50
Actually it was probably more like 30-40 thinking back on it. It was a two story house and the cactus was definitely taller than the roof by a decent amount.

>Past 110 degrees (about 45c) it takes less than an hour to overheat in direct sunlight.
It sounds like an inverse forest, interesting. What tricks would you do to last longer? Bring more water?

Hot as fuck during summer and it's always dusty.
You need to keep the sun off you. It's what sombreros and 10 gallon hats are for. And yeah you need to bring a lot more water than in other climates.

Have you ever seen peyote growing naturally in the wild or encountered a psychedelic toad?

Why is Phoenix so quiet and empty? I spent a week there for work and it feels like something out of the 18th century in terms of human activity when compared to major metropolitan centers in the East Coast.

Sorry to ask stupid fucking moron questions, but could you survive in a desert if you had sombrero and enough water?

is the water shortage really bad there like they say in the news

Scottsdale?

whats with the water crisis down there? and how farmable is the desert soil? does it never rain?

Could you survive in the middle of anywhere if all you had was some water and clothes? It entirely depends on how long you're going to be out there and if you have any outdoorsman skills.

I wrap a wet towel around my neck and put ice cubes inside my hat. Doing that sucks a lot of the heat away from my skin and I can stay outside for a lot longer.
Speaking of hats wear one with a large brim. My hat for outdoor work is large enough to keep all of my body in a shadow at noon which is a plus. Usually the hottest part of the day is around 3pm however, that's when the sun is at the right angle to burn the shit out of you.
Water is a must, the air is so dry that sweat instantly evaporates most days so you can't even tell how much you're sweating. There have been days where salt crystals have formed around my pores before I felt sweaty.
I had a sonoran toad die in my swimming pool once.
It's fucking hot, most people don't go outside. There are places with a nice amount of activity though, like around the ASU campus in Tempe.
We're not even in that severe of a restriction right now, Arizona has pretty solid water infrastructure. Sure the drought is concerning but it's not unmanageable.
You'd need a lot of water, more than one person could reasonably carry. I'm assuming you're talking about walking across the desert during the summer here. For that people stash water at points along their path before going and only walk in the morning or evenings. Walking across the desert during the afternoon for more than a few hours at most would kill anyone.

I was literally in downtown Phoenix and there was no one on the streets, for like a whole fucking week. I would barely see any cars and it was quiet as a graveyard at night to the point that it was spooky.

Could you? I've lived my whole fucking life in this mfing country, but I never understood just how fucking cold the winter is, until I had to. You will die in 12 hours unless you are prepared (and I thought I was, but I wasn't). Just wondering if the desert is like this

Agriculture is a massive water waster here. A lot of farmers turned land owners have ancient water rights that let them use more than they should, if you come here and see flooded areas of land that's usually what it is. The soil here is very good for farming surprisingly, there used to be a huge citrus industry in the phoenix area. It just rained today, we're having a late monsoon.

ok that makes sense, arizona looks comfy

Attached: arizonapepe.png (2000x1334, 236.4K)

Yes it's the same way. You should watch some old episodes of survivor man when he's in the southwestern US. If you aren't prepared and you don't know what you're doing you're going to die. Funny enough a surprising way people die in the desert is at night during winter. People don't realize it can get cold enough to be deadly without some warm clothing during that part of the year.

Have you ever met a border hopper?

I'm going to Fort Huachuca March-July. Will I suffer? I'm from Florida

I know. The desert is cold at night, it can get as low as 10c at night? Or something like that?

Is driving in the desert great?

Have you seen the chupacabras?

I've seen super cabrons