/film/

Thread for the discussion of classic films and arthouse cinema.

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Previous:

Attached: MV5BY2U3NzI0YmYtYTgyZS00Y2MyLWEwNTctMTMyMTYxMzRiMjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 438.83K)

>The European Genre Film Foundation (EGFF), aimed at restoring and raising awareness of classic genre films in Europe and globally, launched at Cannes on Tuesday
oh cool, maybe we'll get some much needed restorations for some great films
>Among the first projects of the EGFF will be an academic study of historic female genre film makers...
nevermind

So the new Cronenberg doesn’t sound as shocking as they tried to make it out to be. Oh well, I’ll still watch it.

I doubt it's actually offensive or shocking in any real way, it's just that modern audiences and critics keep finding new ways to be offended over nothing

It's described as mostly philosophical meditation on his ideas about body etc. That's expected from late Cronenberg.

Is Serra near the end of the festival?

Attached: 1634757132496.jpg (1200x675, 159.22K)

Which one of you fags is this? Keep your shitty taste confined to these threads please

Seethe capeshitter

Cope

we dont need this thread anymore we are taking over Any Forums

>he fell for the buzz

sounds like a plan to me. link your threads here and I'll bump them

Lol

Not happening capeshit won

>croenberg
Most lifeless director

Meaningless buzzword

Filtered

I find that to be part of his charm. I've heard people describe his style as "clinical" and I think that's fairly apt. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but when it works it works. I don't watch Cronenberg expecting "life" as most of us experience it.

Anyone got the score fir Cannes?

prrrrrrr...

Yes.

Haven't been on here for like 2.5 years what are the best films that have come out since then? Was Memoria good?

Yes

Heh

Attached: wftp.jpg (466x441, 39.43K)

>Was Memoria good?
Best of 2021. You'll enjoy it if you're into Joe's earlier films.

Annette, Memoria, Onoda: 10,000 Nights in the Jungle, What Do We See When We Look at the Sky?, The Tsugua Diaries, France, Un monde flottant from last year.