What is a vague synopsis of this film without spoiling too much? Is it any good?

What is a vague synopsis of this film without spoiling too much? Is it any good?

Attached: Brazil-927425209-large.jpg (846x1200, 91.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvBF3Lxla98
youtube.com/watch?v=eXW7O_MGrXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man falls in love. You won't like it.

DUDE, BUREAUCRACY

it was all a dream except for the last part, it wasn't

1984 if Gilliam made it.

This. Its great btw.

Dept of Motor Vehicles: The Movie

>What is a vague synopsis of this film without spoiling too much?
If 1984 is a dystopia run on fear, and Brave New World is a dystopia run on efficiency, then Brazil is a dystopia run on bureaucratic ineptitude
>Is it any good?
Yes, one of my favourites. Just make sure you watch the real cut and not the American cut

What corporate bureaucracy actually looks like and why everyone should be a communist. I wouldn't give it a shot if I were you

whats the real cut?

The original, should be 142 minutes long, and less than that and you're watching the Jewish version

I've been asking for years, so many cuts of this damn thing....

The scene where the guy gets devoured by newspapers still haunts me

You realize communism requires the most beauracracy of all

The official cut is the longest one which has the "real ending" where he is in the chair still and it was all a dream.

youtube.com/watch?v=EvBF3Lxla98

Its just a movie but you got the furthest away from the point I think you could have.

an incel wagie living in an Orwellian dystopia uses daydreams to escape his misery. then, one day his isekai-fantasy and reality collide.

1984 except the government is inefficient instead of hyper efficient, so much closer to how reality ends up playing out

Outlaw HVAC technician brings down technocratic corporatist society one job slip at a time.

Like 1984 but long and boring, just read the book

But he wasn't an incel. His mother set him up with the gross braces lady.

Man daydreams because society is bad

it pisses me off that there are people who unironically think this way. One day you'll grow up, have to go to the DMV and realize that your entire outlook on the world was stupidly naive.

What about space communism?

Attached: 1653402633632.jpg (450x600, 40.26K)

Wtf? Does the american version ends on MC leaving with the girl? I hope not cause it's fucking retarded.

Communism is LITERALLY anti-bureaucracy, read some Marks and Engels before you comment on it retard

This is what they played on American channels besides TCM (which specifically airs the original versions of films).

youtube.com/watch?v=eXW7O_MGrXE

Fresnel lenses, gray zone bureaucracy and out of focus pace. But it's kino for some parts

>The film was produced by Arnon Milchan's company Embassy International Pictures. Gilliam's original cut of the film is 142 minutes long and ends on a dark note. This version was released in Europe and internationally by 20th Century Fox without issue; however, US distribution was handled by Universal, whose executives felt the ending tested poorly.[28] Universal chairman Sid Sheinberg insisted on a dramatic re-edit of the film to give it a happy ending
yes

Man sees beutiful lady and won't let the daily grind stop him from chatting her up.

Attached: 1653388700261.jpg (440x440, 44.56K)

this better be bait
am i getting old?

marx and engels were larpers who never had to actually implement any of their ideas irl

That's the most retarded fact I learned this week. What the fuck is wrong with americans?