Now that the dust has settled, was it really that bad?

Now that the dust has settled, was it really that bad?

Attached: DRAGONBALL_EVOLUTION.jpg (1961x2897, 1.44M)

Yes

No

>let’s turn Goku into some generic horny pussy whipped high school student

There's no good live action anime.

the writer later apologized for writing it, still it wasn't the worst thing i've seen. some parts seemed like they might've been an interesting adaptation

>Bulma Enchanto
Yes.

Honestly, I wish we would've gotten a sequel.

Was terrible. The girls were cute though.

yes.

plz dont remond me of the 00s corny highschool film trope. Cant stand that shit.

Also Goku should always be played by a Hapa or asian actor. The main dude from 10 ring film would be ok in the role.

You guys do realize there was another DragonBall movie right?

Attached: Dragon-Ball-The-Magic-Begins-1.jpg (1280x677, 58.23K)

I really hate the face of the goku actor. the ladies are all absolute babes though, post pics/webms of them please.

It's not just a bad DBZ movie, it's just a shit movie in general. The only people who would enjoy are faggots who think watching shitty movies makes them interesting and niche somehow.

>Also Goku should always be played by a Hapa or asian actor.
why? what about dragon ball is location specific to asia?

Literally every aspect?

I thought the girl with the ponytail was hot
never seen this shit

Yes, especially for anyone who cares about the DB portion of the series and not just the DBZ portion

It doesn't work like that. Explain, in detail.

yes, and so was this later that year

Attached: astroboy-poster~2.jpg (620x725, 88.25K)

Dragon Ball is inherently based on Journey to the West, an ancient Chinese folk tale

Attached: 1653217774217.gif (365x360, 304.93K)

The only thing even remotely based about the movie is that it at least attempts to start from the actual beginning of the story and doesn't comply to the "Rock the Dragon" bullshit Americanized version of the series, which is absolutely what they would do if they adapted it now

This movie is great though

nice selfie, but you're grasping at straws

The first Death Note movie was kinda comfy, as well as Rurouni Kenshin.

it's passable on its own (some laughs here and there), yet a terrible adaptation

>BRAAAAAAAP

It wasn’t meant to be a good movie. It’s just pure Dragonball.

>People seem to really embrace japanese anime, despite potential culture barrier.. So lets make a movie that is 100% americanized, because we're affraind people might not like it otherwise. We're so wise.

The heavy Chinese theming in the environments and especially constructions as well as many references to Chinese mythology, including Goku himself.

Go watch the first minute of the first episode of Dragon Ball and tell me it isn't clearly supposed to be set in a location clearly inspired by ancient China. This is like asking "What about Kung-Fu Panda is location specific to Asia?"

This was fine.

It worked for the dub

This was actually relatively faithful

no, you're just grasping at straws because you're dumb and racist

They’ve should made them all white or all Asian. Seeing a white Goku with a Japanese grandpa Gohan is just weird and looks unnatural

Dub didnt change nearly as much as the movie did.