Can we please stop discussing capeshit, star wars, and cartoons for five fucking minutes?!...

Can we please stop discussing capeshit, star wars, and cartoons for five fucking minutes?!? I want to talk about the filmography of this man. I'm about to watch The Whole Town's Talking and want to know what I'm in for. Also, what are your favorite Ford films?

Attached: john-ford.jpg (1024x825, 281.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/folder/fJFw3RqY#jWZ1_b5SIhsjtpouQ_yTQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does no one on Any Forums actually watch films anymore?

My top ten Ford films:
1) Fort Apache
2) The Quiet Man
3) My Darling Clementine
4) Wagon Master
5) The Young Mr. Lincoln
6)The Grapes of Wrath
7) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
8) The Sun Shines Bright
9) The Searchers
10) The Horse Soldiers

Attached: sun.jpg (1550x3000, 1.19M)

No stagecoach?

Kurosawa is better.

I've only seen The Grapes of Wrath, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and The Sun Shines Bright from those. I really need to watch more Ford
I'd agree, but Ford is still very good

Dammit I knew I forgot something

Wht the fuck does Kurosawa have to do with anything?

Attached: Carmine1.jpg (604x387, 80.1K)

>but Ford is still very good
True. He has a ton of really inventive and iconic shots.

Kurosawa took everything invented by Ford, except his movies are better.

i dont like ford but he was kurosawas favorite director so im gonna keep trying? i saw searchers 3 times and i really didnt care for it at all. fort apache and stagecoach were more enjoyable for me

The Searchers should really be one of the last Ford films you watch. You need some history to really appreciate it. Try some of his other westerns like Rio Grande or Wagon Master

I really enjoyed Judge Priest and The Sun Shines Bright. Does Ford have any more films like these two?

don't leave me

His best film is The Long Gray Line and he is better than Kurosawa.

>His best film is The Long Gray Line
I haven't seen that one yet. I'll check it out
>and he is better than Kurosawa.
I don't know about that, but they are both very good

what the fuck is wrong with people

Attached: hdmovies.png (1265x33, 3.68K)

You're using a shitty torrent site in the first place

From an artistic perspective, on the whole, Kurosawa is far superior. Sure Ford was more technically innovative but his characters are the stuffy models of the time. He does his best within that frame but it doesn't compare.

mega.nz/folder/fJFw3RqY#jWZ1_b5SIhsjtpouQ_yTQw
pw=snahp

I had a cool dream recently but I can't recall it all that well because I stopped jotting my dreams down immediately after they happened.

It was like a sex game show and also I was dressed as Han Solo and 7 feet tall.

Also at the end of the dream I was told directly to have sex with a specific woman but also none of you know her name and I will not reveal it here.

John Ford was a degenerate Irish drunkard

can you recommend something else?

Most great directors are.

I've watched some Kurosawa and nothing I saw compared to The Quiet Man

>Plagiarize John Ford and Dashiell Hammett
kek you fuckin wish, redditor

Attached: CfyVTOlVIAASMd_.jpg (1024x1006, 254.78K)

>his characters were the stuffy models of the time
His characters are great, fuck off

Attached: linda-darnell-and-victor-mature-as-doc-holliday-my-darling-clementine-publicity-photo-1946-2015-david-lee-guss.jpg (900x641, 85.14K)

rutracker

No, he isn't. I could just copy paste this post and change the names. You're saying nothing.

>Plagiarize Ford
>Plagiarize Hammet
>got mad when an italian plumber made a superior version of his film which he stole from hammet in the first place

Attached: MV5BMjE3ODQwNTY2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI5ODM1Mw@@._V1_UY1200_CR113,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (630x1200, 59.84K)

Attached: hdmovies.png (34x25, 467)