The supermarket intercom says "its okay to eat food that is past its before date...

>the supermarket intercom says "its okay to eat food that is past its before date, it is safe as long as it doesn't smell or taste bad"
>mfw @ coming food shortages
does this happen in ur cunt

Attached: 1038527684-20a37a5170be54784f0b98fef2d69694.jpg (736x748, 86.75K)

I'm going through a jar of peanut butter rn that "expired" on the 8th of July. People worry about food expiry dates more so than just using their best judgment to workout whether the food is bad or not.

>Food shortages
>10 sheep to every kiwi
kek do kiwis really?

You should eat them.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x683, 122.5K)

What does this have to do with food shortages? Its a good thing to throw away less food especially considering that its perfectly fine to eat when its "expired".

if a food producing country like NZ or Australia is gearing up for food shortages, it could get really serious.

We've had shortages of specific foods, not food in general.

love lamb me

EU is gearing up for food shortages outside of it because everyone knows that thirdies are shit at long-term planning and as soon as food runs out we'll have another refugee crisis on hand

How the fuck can you starve when 40% of your exports are fucking animal products

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 13-27-54 What does New Zealand export (2019) OEC.png (1603x908, 261.18K)

years ago they would have never said this, its a reflection of things to come

Yes but unlike for neworlders it's so very strict here.

>does this happen in ur cunt
Never had any food shortages but "ok to eat if it doesn't smell or taste bad" is a common thing here.
Sweden hates waste. One of the first things I learned in cooking class in school in like 4th grade was "always use your nose first" when checking if stuff is good.

Has saved my ass with stuff that's not even past it's best before. Had some minced meat that I bought the day before, stored in the fridge. Was gonna cook it the day after.
But it had a slight smell of egg farts. Just a tiny hint.
So I threw it out.
Few days later, the local news had a paper on a bad batch of minced meat and warned people from eating it.

wtf
they would never say this here because they wouldnt want responsibility if someone eats something expired and we're not a particularly litigious country compared to nz.

and they openly sell food that is close to expiration here but if you buy something that is 50+% closer to expiration you get a discount of 50-80%.

Well yeah people are encouraged not to be retards. Best before etc aren't absolute

Or it's that we care about waste more
Here it's usually -30% or -50% depending on the store and jackpot is when you go to a certain chain two hours before closing or something like that and they do -60%. I've bought so much fancy meat, cheese and whatnot with that discount.

the 'jackpot' here is damaged packaging. they wont sell anything actually damaged where the food is exposed to the outside air but stuff like a dented can or a multi-layered package where only the outer one is damage is an automatic 20-50% off on a fresh item.

Attached: 1646080457994.jpg (960x720, 150.39K)

Expiration date is arbitrary, trust your senses

I know someone that throws everything away as soon as its past the expiration date. There no discussion to be had about this. Such a wasteful behavior man.

Yeah I know some people like that as well. Incredibly annoying.

Same. Of course anyone can do what they want with their groceries, but it's just so wasteful. I'd feel like an idiotic and a chump if I was throwing away perfectly good food because a number on the box told me to.

>The US produces 7.25 times more food than it consumes.

No you understand the extent of my power

Attached: 1658659208436319m-1.jpg (688x1024, 107.84K)

America is what happens when everyone has way too much of absolutely everything