Why is he like this?

Why is he like this?

I like movies too, but fuck

Attached: every film.jpg (2583x768, 299.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B6SEqO7OQVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>least autistic Letterboxd user

Something I think people don't notice about him is that he has a photographic memory. He downplays it for whatever reason but the guy remembers fucking everything. And the last like 30 minutes of this thing is him just dissecting The Deer Hunter anyway

I stopped taking him seriously after he called Antonioni boring.

I expect alot more foreign stuff

It almost makes me wonder if it's fair to call him a great director because it feels like he's cheating, given that he mostly stitches other movies together. He just has the recall and focus to stitch the right things together.

Because he can be. Hes a loser who became a god to film nerds. Its like if the fat faggot who is obsessed woth Warhammer became a the best tabletop player in the world. He would be insufferable

Quentin reminds me a lot of Kevin Smith, although he ended up making much better movies. Kevin has that same austistic savant encyclopedic knowledge of movies though that I enjoy listening to him talk about.

IMO he's the greatest director. I don't think it's possible to make a movie about anything other than movies, and he comes closest to understanding that out of all directors.

His approach relies on other source material more than any other director. He makes good stuff but he couldn't make good stuff if other people weren't out there making good stuff first.

That's true of literally everything though, standing on the shoulders of giants and all that. Hell, it's the principal behind reproduction and evolution. The only time it was actual theft was Reservoir Dogs, everything else is him having a conversation with the audience about movies, he's a very self aware director. I'm always surprised when his stuff gets taken at face value

How would you rank his films? Vaguely

hes EXTREMELY kino
I think he represents the right pretty well
most of us are autistic but we're responsible for making everything

Alotta movies came out in a year back then

not including stuff he only wrote:
Grindhouse (death proof is his most personal film, plus I love the concept of the overall project)
OUATIH
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Hateful Eight
Django
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown
Four Rooms
My Best Friend's Birthday

I enjoy most of his films, but I just enjoy listening to him talk about movies even more. The guy is like a walking IMDB.

Whats called postmodern.
Like everything good or important was done in 20 century so we can only take pieces and replace them in different order. And most likely unique movie cant be made, because it was already done by some folks in '60. (All Sci-Fi plots, for example)

youtube.com/watch?v=B6SEqO7OQVI

He's a FUCKING freak. Fucking FREAK.

When I used to like movies I had an autistically encyclopaedic knowledge of them and took any excuse to just talk about them endlessly to anyone that would listen. I tend to think he's the same just on a much higher autism level and with an actual audience that cares what he has to say.

I think you're retarded.

Even when gets it wrong, he's also right.