Which classic sci-fi franchise is the most ruined?

Which classic sci-fi franchise is the most ruined?

Attached: Sci-fi Franchises.png (683x350, 462.42K)

coin toss between robocop and terminator

Nobody really remembers or cares about the RoboCop remake, and there was only one sequel so I'd say it's the least ruined

terminator and predator have the most shitty sequels
don't know what movie is that negress from

>and there was only one sequel

Attached: 4e2 (1).jpg (875x896, 136.04K)

Aliens. They've totally ruined the entire storyline. Not only making it complete fucking nonsense, but retconning shit that was said in the first and second movies to do it. Also making it FAR inferior to the originals. Terminator is the least fucked because it was always technowank and timefuckery.

That remake was insane though. Half the movie seemed like he was trying to fuck his own kid.

Star Wars.

Aliens, Robocop, Terminator, and Predator can always go the lazy route and do some time travel shit to reboot, but their is no way in fuck that star wars can come back. It's stuck to television spin offs at best.

Two sequels. Robocop III was a thing and it bombed horribly as well as the Robocop TV show.

amount ruined
terminator>alien>star wars>star trek>robocop>predator

how is it even a question? star wars obviously

Wars then Trek

Attached: gob.jpg (2076x1829, 763.4K)

Lord of the rings

>one of the most profitable and enduring brands in modern history is so toxic they're reduced to shitty streaming shows to stay relevant
It takes a special level of incompetence to pull that off. And all it took was one shitty trilogy.

The sequel trilogy irrevocably damaged the entire Star Wars franchise. The main storyline is ruined and unsalvageable.

There's only so much you can do with the Xenomorph before you enter retarded territory. The concept art for the cancelled film by Blomkamp looked laughably bad and derivative. The last Alien film with any creativity was Aliens. Just let the franchise die at this point.

Predator seems like the easiest one to salvage. Just make standalone films with different people from different cultures and time periods face off with a predator. Glad to see they're doing that with the next film, but we'll see if it's actually any good.

The Terminator should've ended after the first two films. The story was finished and most of the sequels have only recycled old ideas. I suppose I could go for a future war film that's actually good, but that's about it.

I haven't even bothered to watch nuTrek, so I don't know how badly it has raped the franchise, but I suppose there's still enough space for a good new show or a film, if you get a new creative team that actually cares about Trek.

I always felt that Robocop didn't need sequels, reboot, or whatever. It works perfectly as a standalone film. Any retelling would inevitably be inferior to Verhoeven's film.

alien still has interesting themes and is watchable, Predator was ruined but its not so lore heavy you cant get a good script and director for a simple course correction, Terminator fucking ruined itself with no clear vision after T2 no creativity/fear of new ideas and backtracking on Salvation, the final nail in the coffin was femminizing it to unwatchable status (fake fans will claim because it was always about female empowerment you cant complain about it being unwatchable now) Star Wars is unwatchable to me now, Star Trek can easily be saved since its a serial TV show not a film series and theyre already course correcting, Robocop reboot was actually ok and unoffensive but they clearly gave up trying to make him work because all the elements that made it good were rooted in the time period.

Star Wars is by far the worst though because they turned it into a factory production and I wont even watch shit like the last movie because im not even morbidly curious about it anymore.

Star Wars is fucked beyond belief. Terminator has been shit for nearly 20 years, but at least you could reset it with DUDE TIME TRAVEL LMAO. Star Wars can't be fixed.

fuck terminator died at 3... star wars is still burning down lmaoooo

Star Wars.

Star Trek was never good to begin with. Alien you can simply ignore Prometheus and Covenant. Robocop is the same, you can't just ignore the 2014 movie, that isn't even a bad movie, but just wasn't needed.

I liked the terminator with Cristian Bale and that Aussie actor I don't remember the name. Was I the only one?

Added some more, though I extended it out of the 80s.

Attached: Sci-fi Franchises.png (683x350, 446.82K)